1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff malfunction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnboy, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy

johnboy Member

My Model 32 is failing to fire the bottom barrel every time. The times it fails there is a very light strike on the primer. It will usually fire after recocking the hammer. This time primer has a normal hit. I have removed the stock, cleaned the action and unable to see anything abnormal. I suspect the hammer spring may be the problem but cannot see it. The firing pin appears to OK based on it is moving and visual appearance. The thought of trying to remove the hammer to examine the spring has run through my mind but I would think it might require special tools to re-install. (I have several hammer springs) Trying to avoid shipping to factory as I have a shoot next weekend. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I had the same on my San Remo 4 bbl skeet set. There was a tiny bit of rust in the pin/spring area. Remove stock & put 3-4 drops good oil where the hammer hits the firing pin(I like WD-40 for this)& work the pin back & forth 40-50 times. Flush with more oil,do this several times. Flush & oil with what you like,install stock. I had to remove stock several times. If it does not go away,you may have a broken pin spring or a burr.

3. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Sounds like a worn sear spring. Cheap and easy fix

4. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

On my K80 I have to put a drop of oil on the firing pins occasionally, especially the bottom, but that's only a temporary fix. It means it getting close to getting an annual done time, the spring is getting soft. Don't attempt it yourself. RM

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

A k32 spring change is very easy. K80 not so much. The springs, however, are unique as a left and right so just be sure to replace with the proper spring

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I would suggest you to use good gun oil and not WD40 WD stands for water displacement and will gum up in time. chnge the hammer springs and go grind them targets

7. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Shoot top barrel.

8. high 2

high 2 Member

Send it to a qualified Krieghoff smith.

9. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

10. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

11. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

12. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

13. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

14. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

15. johnboy

johnboy Member

I am located in west Tn.

16. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

Where are you located? Lol

17. johnboy

johnboy Member

Don't know what happened there but thanks for the responses. Gun needs an annual anyway.

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Where are you located? HMB

19. johnboy

johnboy Member

I attempted one more cleaning at the suggestion of RunGUN. Sprayed the hammer side of the pin with brake cleaner until clear cleaner ran from hole and then blew out with air, lubed with Rem oil and exercised the pin. Twenty primers were fired without a failure. Time will tell.
    I tested fire using two different primers, Nobel Sport and Cheddites. The Cheddites had a very deep dent, the Nobel Sports a very shallow dent. Both primers appeared to be seated to the same depth. Is the Nobel Sport a harder primer?
    Actually Ernest put a K80 trigger on the gun and one of the riches bluing I have seen on a receiver a few years ago. Thanks again for the responses. Johboy fron west Tn.

20. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Was that a flinch or a nervous twitch? Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff malfunction