1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff M-32 o/u value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by erm, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erm

erm Member

I have not seen many for sale lately so I'm asking the TS.com gang for their quick thoughts on what a gun like this may be worth today or what a fair selling price might be. Here goes: Model 32 trap, satin nickel receiver, 30" o/u, fixed chokes - I think chokes are IM-F or M-F, standard rib, good condition, given the once-over by Chris Maest many years ago during which the top latch was replaced. Not shot since. Thanks.
    Elton

2. copper

copper Member

$2,400.00 or around there trigger old type deduct 400.00 or more ported barrels bad news on value, Shot gun sales are down so be pepared to wait. the satin reciever most likley hurts value. I sold a nice one not long ago had been gone over with K80 wood for $2,000.00 and took a long time I was shocked. good luck Dave

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what is the serial number range?

ported barrels - you dont deduct for - it might actually help you sell or not- depending on if the person wants ported barrels

Gene

4. copper

copper Member

Gene every time I have sold ported barrels were told less money is not exspensive to have done but once done can,t be undone. and on older guns thought was a big NO,NO,. K32 guys a following is it not thought except for trigger, more orriginal the better. Just asking you have way more exsperince than me. Dave

5. g7777777

Dave- lots of factors but serial number is one of them so I am interested to see what that is

Porting and briley choke tubes dont lower value in these guns- and may increase it--- however what they do do is prevent someone from being interested if they dont like those features

Ballistics specialties threading and choke tubes are probably the same

Everyone elses choke tubes devalue the barrel

Gene

6. erm

erm Member

Thank you Gene and Dave for your thoughts. I think the gun is of a lower serial number thus aybe the replacement of the top latch. These satin receivers don't age very well. No ports on this one but it can be a deal breaker. Thanks again. Elton

7. makalii600323

makalii600323 TS Member

ERM,

Swap you a Mirage and a cold beer for if.

Sterling

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

What does the Mirage comment mean? Is a Mirage a bad thing or is the post just a joke? A satin receiver and a replaced top lock usually mean very high mileage and very low price. My 1967 Model 32 has the original top lock, probably will never need a new one, and it is rather heavily used. This will be its forty third season. I wonder if I can wear it out this year? You have to know the serial number to make a decision.

9. erm

erm Member

Sterling,
    Be careful what you wish for. SOLD. I'll tell Slick we don't need the JB-Weld to put it back together.
    eightbore,
    Sterling got me loaded up with german beers at his house and got my perrazi mirage for a song. He told me he needed it for his wife. A likely story.
    erm

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Serial number lets you know what you are buying.. Over the years..some changes are good.. some.. well.. not so good.. If you know what the changes are.. then you know when.. by serial number they happened.. The only K-32 I've ever seen worn out was a 2 digit Remington/Krieghoff that I gave to the factory for parts.. All Good.. Glad the 32 found a new home.. All Good.. Mike

11. g7777777

Mike has good points and no I dont think you can wear one out-- now a gunsmith who doesnt know what they are doing can surely screw one up but I dont think you can wear one out.

Gene

12. erm

erm Member

Thanks for your replies!....elton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.