1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KRIEGHOFF-LJUTIC, NO BIG DEAL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Westie, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

I know this doesn't mean anything about the products or their service but last weekend I attended the NRA convention in St. Louis. I approached a gentleman who represented Krieghoff in his booth that didn't have much time to answer my questions even though I was the only one there. I felt brushed off. Later I visited the Ljutic booth where I met Mrs. Ljutic. She not only took the time to answer my questions, she invited me to handle the guns in the booth and offered fitting suggestions for me. I'm sure the Krieghoff gentleman was just having a busy day but the attitude of Mrs. Ljutic sure was appreciated. Very nice lady.

2. ASHOT

ASHOT TS Member

I have many Ljutic guns and anytime you contack them with any type of question you always get great service. They make great guns and give you great service, very good people to deal with.

3. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

Westie,

Thank's for stopping by during the NRA Show. Nadine and I met many wonderful people during the show and many old friends of Nadine stopped by to say hello.

We hope you will stop by and see us at the Grand.

P.S. Al's planning on going with us to the Grand.

Craig Richardson
    Sales & Marketing Director
    Ljutic LLC.

4. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

LOL!!!! Very good point. I just bought a new K-80 and couldn't be happier. EVERYBODY that I spoke with in the Krieghoff camp was extremely helpful.
    Sounds like a plug for L guns to me too.

5. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

So, what's wrong with a plug for L guns? It might have been a little "better" plug if the Krieghoff comment had been left out, but I've never heard anyone say anything negative about dealing with the Ljutic outfit, especially with Nadine. And I think most folks agree they build fine guns.

6. zoom

zoom TS Member

I bought a new K 80 Trap Special from a PA dealer about 10 days ago at a very good price. When I got it there were a few things (which I'll not go into)I didn't like. Having a three day inspection period I called the K 80 people in Ottsville. They said to come in and they would see what could be done. I left the gun and two days later went back to pick it up. They did the work "no charge" I was given a tour of the building, and I mean everything and made so new friends. I'm not a super stare shooter but they sure made me feel that I was. Just my two cents on how I was treated by the staff at Krieghoff Int.

7. Seitz 719

Seitz 719 TS Member

I shot a ljtuic for a few years an now i shoot a Seitz which was a great move up. if i was going to buy one more trap gun it would be a K 80 trap special. Tom.

8. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Last year at Milwaukee at the NRA convention, the only one manning the Krieghoff booth when I went by was Deiter Krieghoff. Don' know about this year.

Bob

9. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Craig,

Is Ljutic going to be at the Southwest Grand? If so I look forward to talk with you.

Gary

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've never met Nadine in person, but on the few occasions I've talked to her on the phone or exchanged e-mails, she has been the consumate pro! I proudly shoot a Ljutic shotgun and hope someday to make a trip down to Yakima to meet the family.

Ron Burr

Alberta

11. Westie

Westie Member

Gentlemen, I'm kinda' sorry I took the time to say something nice about someone. I should have realized that isn't really acceptable on this site. And to JCS, you asked why I made that post. Sorry Sir but I don't have to explain to you or anyone else why I express an opinion. Was it a plug? I shoot a BT 99 and can't afford a high end trap gun. When I can, Krieghoff will be one of my first choices. It seems odd that indicating that one Krieghoff rep. was having a bad day and didn't have much time for me is translated in to a slam of the brand of gun you shoot. Maybe I can be that sensitive but I hope not. As for Mrs. Ljutic being a "nice" lady, I stick by my comments. She treated me like a potential customer and even told me some things to consider when getting fitted some day. Please reconsider your defense of your gun as a chance to descredit my interpretation of good customer service. Thanks and enjoy our sport.

12. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I also stopped by Ljutic and had a nice conversation. I do not own a Lujtic right now but I am sure thinking about it! I shoot a K80 right now and I might turn it into a sporting gun and shoot a Ljutic for trap. I actually did not see Krieghoff there, oh well I am sure nothing I haven't seen before.

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I've owned Parker's, A.H. Fox's, L.C. Smith's etc. and have never called the factories. After 150,000 rounds through my MonoGun I did call the Ljutic factory to enquired about reblueing. ATA Hall of Fame member Nadine Ljutic spoke to me in English, at length and in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.

The Ljutics have associated with a manufacturer - in Yakima,WA, not Hong Kong or some obscure European village - and will continue to design and build revolutionary new shotguns.

14. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

Hi Gary,

I will be at the Southwestern Grand along with Jimmy Ljutic. We will be at the Texas Clays booth Saturday and Sunday.

Look forward to meeting you.

Craig

15. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I did not read all the posts here but I will have to say some people just don't want to be talked to. K Guns are great guns and the people that I have spoken to have been nothing but helpfull. Yes I have from time to time met people who are lets say rude when they are behind the counter. I will look at them and ask for the manager. That most of the time will change the way they talk to you.

One thing I have noticed is that the K guns will retain its value better then the Ljutic when it comes to selling them.

16. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

There are some guns that may do a particular function better than a Lujtic but "holding up" to thousands and thousands of shots would NOT be one!...merlyn..

17. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

FYI. Big Don....I bought my Ljutic used and it had shot a bunch when I got it...the trigger group needed service....that was in about 1986....nuthin' needed since. I have contacted Nadine for history on my particluar gun..that's all....they are built like a tank.

18. skip

skip Member

I sent a polite request to Krieghoff requesting the date my Model 32 was built, that was two months ago.

Still no answer.

I guess cash is still King.

19. moldmaker

moldmaker TS Member

Skip, I called Krieghoff and they told me how to determine the date of my model 32 on the phone. Took less than a couple minutes. Take your barrel off turn it upside down. Right below the serial number is a set of other numbers. These represent the date and year of manufacture. In my case the numbers were 369, meaning March 1969. Hope this helps.

20. skip

skip Member

Moldmaker

All I can find is a matching four digit number (4502) on the receiver and forend.

I'll check again though.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.