1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff KX6 good,bad,ugly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Star4Ever, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Excellent shooting gun. Very easy to use. Opens closed and ejects perfectly time after time. Can have pull or factory release trigger. Factory also offers an adjustable butt plate. The comb is slightly rolled over and comfortable and the rib is adjustable as well. I am lucky enough to own one. Very durable. No complaints and not much felt recoil.
    Art

2. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I shot a round with Curt's KX6, plus a few extra shots. Not this weekend, though. It was enough to convince me. Planning to do some serious shopping in Sparta next week. Regardless of the LOOK, I like how it handles.

Larry

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of the best kept secrets in Trap guns today. All the ones I sold were well received by the owners!!

4. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom

Both Joel Etchen and Jaquas had used ones in the last couple weeks but I see they were sold,did not last long.They sold used in the $4400.00 range. I did shoot one two years ago at the Grand,I liked it soft shooting crushes the clays.It is softer shooting then my KX5.I have been waiting to see if they will offer it with some real wood.

John G.

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

They are great guns. The wood is not that good with the enhancement. I love mine and my shooting buddy bought one also. Both of our average rounds have improved a lot after some stock adjustments.

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

They do win the ugly stock contest. I'm sure they are a good gun. But for that price,I would expect real wood with a real finish. IMHO

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

It's the best Trap gun I've ever owned. What attracted me to it was the sight plane. It reminded me a lot of my DeVault barrel on my 391, which I was very fond of, but the trigger was the selling point. No matter who did the trigger job on my Beretta autos, none were anything to write home about. This gun has a great trigger, patterns beautifully and smokes targets.

My first time out with it at a registered, I ran 100. The next time, I was at a club that threw bios, so I only managed a 94, the next 3 times were 99's. I love this gun.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Tronspace/media/DSCN1254_zps2bd63cd8.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Good post Tron..

9. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Tron--What kind of butt pad is that?

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Does the top lever still do the cocking like the KX5? Messed with my arthritis after around 50 rounds.

11. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

The top lever does not cock the gun, it cocks on opening like most break guns. I have had mine for a year now and am very pleased from every aspect.

12. DC Claygunner

DC Claygunner Member

Hi. My dad has a KX6 he wants to sell. He is selling for $4500.00. The gun is in great shape. He bought it 2 years ago at the grand. This gun does shoot very well. He bought a Blaser and can't shoot them both. He will have it at the Grand if anyone wants to see it. My # is 615-417-7571, Barry.

13. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

What will a new KX6 cost at the Grand ?

14. OneShotOneKill

OneShotOneKill Active Member

I've been brought up on Brownings, and have shot both a BT-99 Golden Clays, and a BT-100. I've shot excellent scores with both, but wanted to take another step up, and decided on the KX-6. I found one in near new condition, and I couldn't be more pleased with my decision. The KX-6 does exactly what you expect it to do. It points well, and the recoil, even with 3 dram loads, is nearly non-existent. For all the complaints about the laser enhanced furniture, I've found it to be VERY durable, and isn't as hard on the eyes as some would claim. I've seen a fair share of CG, and both P and K guns that have wood that doesn't look much diffent than the framing 2x6's you find on the rack at Lowes, so, an enhanced, fake, polyester, or whatever you wish to call it stock doesn't bother me. My only issue with the gun, is that the case it comes with is definitely less than a gun such as the KX-6 deserves. It's very gun club friendly, and I believe it does it's job in protecting the gun, but, it's underwhelming at best. For the price of admission, you'd be hard pressed to match the features and performance of this gun. Or course, mileage may vary, right?

15. Tron

SMOKIT, that's one of the butt plates that I make. I also made that soft comb duplicate and it has a bit of a roll to it.

The reason the gun has such low felt recoil is because of its very low profile. Nothing like it on the market.

Jb

16. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Tron, I was asking about the rubber butt pad..Thanx...Smokit

17. Tron

That's a 1" Gooey.

18. gunner#1

gunner#1 TS Member

I called a dealer in Denver, He told me the new kx-6 with a new wood look will b avail in march for under 6k

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

BT-100's ugly sister.

Used KX-5......much prettier, much better quality gun and less than $3800.

You can spend the other $2200 on ammo.

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wait'll everyone sees the new KX-6 Special. Gorgeous gun, priced right with a high rib too!!

Search tags for this page
kreighoff kx-6
krieghoff kx 6
krieghoff kx 6 for sale
krieghoff kx 6 special

krieghoff kx-6

krieghoff kx-6 for sale
krieghoff kx6

kx6