1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff KS5 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

This isn't typical of a KS 5. It sounds like your trigger is out of proper adjustment. If I were you, I would send the gun to Kreighoff and have them go through your gun and set the trigger properly.
    jmac

2. SMiDSr

SMiDSr Member

Steve,

I'm also a new KS5 shooter and stopped by the Krieghoff shop at the the Grand. I was shown something like this: pull trigger when gun is open and then close it, the gun should not fire, if it does, I believe it needs bolt service. Sorry I do not recall exactly, but I suggest you call them in PA and explain your issue. They'll clear it up for you, a wonderful team they have!

Best of luck,

Steve.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A wild guess crossed what is left of my mind: The trigger on these guns is adjustable and if it is adjusted to be TOO light, it will fire when closed. You need to re-adjust the trigger until it is safely holding the cocked trigger when closing the gun. This knowledge is based on experience with a KS-5 Special and is assumed to be the same on your KS-5.......breakemall

4. 7bcshooter

7bcshooter Member

BDodd is correct in his statement. It could very well be that a little adjustment for sear engagement is all that's needed.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you remove the stock, you will find that the action is incredibly simple and easy to understand and adjust using the screws in the trigger.

That is, unless the gun was ever returned to Ottsville for anything. Unless they were expressly asked not to do so (and that was not always effective), they drilled the Allen screws in the trigger so they were not user-adjustable due to some safety problems caused by amateur gunsmiths. However, if all yours needs is adjusted, it's a good bet the screws were not modified or it wouldn't be in need of adjustment.

One guess is that a release hook was installed at one time and later removed to convert the gun back to a pull trigger. That could leave the pull trigger sear misadjusted as both sears are adjusted to achieve the desired release set and release weights.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.