1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff KS 5 Value Blued Receiver

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by theodorescolt45, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

I am contemplating making a trade ... can anyone tell me what a Krieghoff KS 5 blued receiver 34" soft top comb ported barrel in about 90% plus condition is worth ? He wants to swap me for my Browning Skeet gun with Briley 20-28-410 tubes in a briley case. I paid $2200 for the browning a few years ago used.
    thanks !

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

IF ITS NOT A SPECIAL ITS A FAIR DEAL-IF ITS A SPECIAL JUMP ON IT-RICK ZINO

3. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

I do not know if it's a special ? he said it was an early one, used, but still tight, I kinda thought ( based on the blue book value ) that the blued one's were worth 20% less. I personally like blued receivers ... and I thought the porting detracted too ... but I'm not a fan of porting ... too loud and it does not seem to reduce felt recoil and whenever I try to sell it I always hear " too bad it's ported, ruined the barrels, I'll give you $500 less just to take it off your hands!" Btw, the browning is ported too ! I've never shot a KS5, but I have shot a K32 32" top single and a K80 unsingle ... liked them both, shot the top single better ( for some reason ... probably did not give the un-single a real chance and only shot a few rounds with it ). The KS5 kinda seems like it would be similar to the K32 Top Single ... is that a true statement ? Frankly, I do not shoot trap much at all ... and when I do most guys are using their field guns or have an extra barrel for their skeet guns ... it's a very small private club with one combination field ... just thought it might be nice to get a REAL trap gun again ... last time I shot in a trap league it was 1992 and I was shooting a 101 top single 34" X-Full and a 101 Pigeon 32" Winchoked both barrels

thanks for your help !

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The KS-5 and the KX-5 are considered to be a "mid single" somewhere in-between a Top single and an Unsingle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ks 5 krieghoff fore sale blued receivers