1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff KS-5 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WI Trapshooter, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

I am looking at buying a KS-5 Special from someone and need to know the value. It is the special model with choke tubes, krieghoff case, and adjustable comb. The gun is in good condition, shot but well taken care of. Any information would be a big help thanks, WI Trapshooter.

2. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

If it is a special,itb will have an adjustable rib. If this is the case,it should be worth 2500/to 3000.
    GAZ

3. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

yes it is a special with adjustable rib. it has 32" barrels.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

As I said on your other thread, a decent guesstimate might be $2800 to $3300 depending on condition, appearance, and with no modifications. As far as the barrel length goes, the 34" barrel is generally preferred and would get a better price than the 32" barrel but if I was trying either one or both, I'd go with the one that felt best and performed best for me - as you should.....Bob Dodd

5. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

did the KS-5 special come with an ejector? I shot the one that I was talking about tonight and it didn't eject. I really liked it now I just have to come up with "funding".

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Yes, all KS-5s new enough to be a Special came with an ejector but some people prefer an extractor and it isn't tough to switch a KS/KX-5 from eject to extract. There should be a U-shaped clip and a spring in the gun's case that, when reinstalled, will make it eject again.

Ed

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

I don't think they came without ejectors. Maybe the one you are looking at has had the ejectors disabled. I test fired a used KX5 at the Grand where the ejector only worked about half the time. Maybe just needed a good cleaning but I passed on the gun.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Ed, the ejector is easily disabled and returned to service if wanted. If you're looking at one to buy, there should be parts to return it to ejector-able or parts will be needed from Kreighoff International in Pennsylvania.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff ks 5 how to disable the ejector

what is akrieghoff ks-5 worth