1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff K80 RT (Removable Trigger)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dave-320c, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I saw a Krieghoff RT (Removable Trigger) for sale.
    Before proceeding further, can anyone tell me what are the pro's and con's of this trigger system versus the standard Krieghoff trigger system?
    Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Dave

2. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Dave,
    A lot of Krioghoff shooters stay away from the K-80 RT's thus you see them at much more attractive pricing. I don't have first hand knowledge of an RT, I own a standard K-80, but from what I understand it is a reliability issue.

3. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

The reliability problem occurs if you shoot a double release. Years ago Hal DuPont talked me out of buying the RT model since I shoot a double release. Single release seems to work fine.

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dave, go right ahead and purchase the rt should you choose to, many of the nay sayers have either not owned one nor shot one, I have both and can say with conviction if I had have a channce to get a k-80 special rt, I would have, the rt trigger is the closest trigger to bowen or my Seitz, I have owned 4 and have had zero problems with any of them, a friend of mine has an rt, put 114, 000 rounds through it, sent it to ottsvile for an annual. same trigger pull then as now, I don't know if we are lucky or blessed, but know of at least 6 other rt owners with zero problemxs as well incinerate em!

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi all:
    Thanks for all the comments. My limited knowledge is now a little less limited.
    Dave Swerdlin

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you shoot release-avoid them. Otherwise a fine gun!!

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat is dead wrong- clearly it is a problem if you shoot release

If you dont shoot release- then it should be fine--

buttstocks are not interchangeable with a normal K80

changing selection from top to bottom barrel is more complicated

other than that everything you can say about a K80 you can say about a K80RT

regards

Gene

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I have an RT and never had an issue with the trigger. The only thing they are a bitch to get out when I wanted to clean it. And no matter what shooters say you can get a release for an RT just like any other model K-80.

Rick Brohmer

9. J.D.Shaeffer

J.D.Shaeffer TS Member

I have one never had a bit of problems. I am selling mine to offset the price of a seitz. $7500

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

It is my understanding that Kreighoff tried to copy the Rottweil to have a removeable trigger. The reason is if the trigger goes out on you on theline then you can reach in your bag and put another trigger in in sec's. Its a great idea but Kreighoff fell flat on their face when they tried to do so. They could not get it to work they it should and stopped trying all together. They had alot of problems with the whole thing. Stay away from it and go find a gun.

11. viperrt

viperrt Member

Seems there are lots of mixed opinions. How about this for an idea: call Krieghoff in Ottsville, PA and talk with them regarding possible problems. If you don't trust the factory folks call Norbert (former factory gunsmith) in Texas and ask his opinion. Bill

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

As I can recall and I'm not sure but I believe Norbert is the only one qualified to work on this model. He will also tell you not to expect great results form a release trigger because of the limited work space in the receiver!!

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its amazing the people that dont know didly according to several of you

If you all want to try to convince everyone that there isnt anything problematic about RT release triggers- dont then turn around and try to convince them to buy yours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
krieghoff k-80 rt
k 80 removable trigger guns any good
k-80 removable trigger

k80 removable trigger model

k80 rt trigger
krieghoff k80 rt
krieghoff shotguns removable trigger

krieghoff trigger