1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff K80 RT - Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RED Z06, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

I'm looking at a K80 RT Trap for a doubles and back up gun. Are there any issues with the removable trigger? I would like an idea what one would be worth in 98-99% condition. It only has over-under barrels but the stock and barrel numbers do not match. OU barrels are only one year old and come with (5) titanium chokes.

Thanks,

Pat

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

trigger is fine as a pull trigger

regards from Iowa

you can figure about 10-25 percent less than a comparable model non RT

Gene

3. walman16

walman16 TS Member

I'd be leery about a gun that was only made for a couple of years. See if Kreighoff will service it before you buy.....

4. g7777777

why would Krieghoff not service a gun they made?

Gene

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a double release for a RT that I would sell. Made by Hubert himself. Never a problem with it.
    Don

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The RT is as fine a gun as the regular k-80. There is absolutly no problems with the pull triggers. I just sent one to Krieghoff and had it completly redone this summer. New springs in trigger, ect. and all same price as regular k-80.I tried to buy an extra trigger to have a spare and the man at Krieghoff asked me" WHY? they do not have problems." These guys are going on rumors not truths.
    JM.02 Bill

7. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

Thank you for the feedback.

Pat

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I believe any co. will tell you their gun is unsafe with a release trigger.

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The only other part that hasn't been discussed is the stock. The RT's won't interchange with standard K-80's.

As Gene stated, the resale is a quite a bit less.

ec90t

10. bigben

bigben Active Member

Pat, most of the negative feedback will come from folks that don't even own one let alone put 100, 000 plus rounds though one, the trigger is the bested ONLY by a Seitz or a Bowen, and by only a very small amount! there are many people shooting them with no problems whatsoever myself included, buy and shoot it with confidence! all the best incinerate em!

11. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The reason Kriefhoff quit selling the RT was the extra cost. They wanted about $1200 more for the RT and it was more of a "Match Perazzi" gimmick. I think it was the 2nd year that Krieghoff dropped the price of the RT during The Grand to less than a non RT by $1000 to get rid of the ones in stock. The option never caught on. The non matching numbers are a real problem financially. You can have the factory or several gunsmiths restamp the bbl.s but they XXXX the numbers and it is effident the numbers have been changed. For a shooter, none of this matters.

12. g7777777

Non matching numbers have been mentioned. Barrels come off the rack- some have been reserial numbered several times. In fact, talking to the Krieghoff guys, they had a record of 4 times with the same barrel at one grand- it was sold 3 times within 2 weeks.

now they come unserial numbered.

serial numbers mean nothing

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

A release on a K-gun doesn't work since you will flinch in anticipation of the gun exploding. :>}

Chip

14. ShooterOne

ShooterOne Member

Shot a K-80 RT for several years with a factory double release and had absolutely no problems with it. Have met a couple of other shooters with this model shooting releases and no problems with theirs either. I even purchased a spare trigger group based on rumors of potential problems and never had a need to use the spare. Since I switched to shooting a Silver Seitz my Son has been shooting the K-80 RT with the pul triggers and again "no problems". I believe these guns are a victim of rumors started by shooters who haven't owned these guns or the problems are with shooters or gunsmiths who try to "improve" the factory set up and after they screw the triggers up blame the problems on the gun. Buy the gun and shoot it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k-80 rt

k80 rt

k80 rt problems

krieghoff k 80 rt

krieghoff k 80 rt trap
krieghoff k80 faults
krieghoff rt
krieghoff shotguns rt