1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff K80 Differences Btwn Trap, Skeet & Sport

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dave-320c, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I would like to know what the differences are between the Krieghoff K80 trap, skeet, and sporting models, other than rib and stock dimensions.

Are all the receivers interchangeable and the same weight; do the barrels weight the same with the sporting and skeet models?

I am thinking of getting a sporting clays or skeet model 30" barrels with subgauge tubes to shoot primarily skeet.

I would also fit a 32" 12 gauge barrel to the sporting/skeet receiver to shoot trap doubles once in a while.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and good shooting.

Dave

2. KRK32

KRK32 Member

The weight of the receivers should all be close enough you'll never know difference. Ive never messed with skeet barrels but the trap o/u barrels are close to the same weight they just move faster or slower depending on the length unless its a really short barrel there might be a weight difference. These guns are as interchangeable as it gets newer guns have tight tolerances when machined so minimal fitting will be required. I know a shooter who has 30+ barrels and 5 or more stocks that he can switch out anytime he wants to a few different receivers. Hope that helps. Kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.