1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KRIEGHOFF K-5 or K-80

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I would like to here differant opinions on the Krieghoff shotguns which model is your favorite and why.

2. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

I have a KX-5 and a K-80 top combo. The K-80 I use for doubles, the KX is for singles and handicap. Just personal preference.

One interesting thing: The lockwork on the KX-5 is about as simple as it is possible to be. K-80 lockwork, on the other hand, is quite complicated. I can look at it with the stock off, operate it, and still am not sure what most parts do. [wink]

Triggers on both are very good. I have release on the KX, double release on the K-80, both tuned and maintained at Krieghoff Int'l in Ottsville. I prefer the KX trigger ever so slightly over the K-80.

Fine guns both. Get it fitted, whichever way you go, so we don't have to hear you bitch about how they kick. LOL

3. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

I haven't had the experience with sheer numbers of K-Guns like my buddy, Jerry, in Michigan but did finally quit an old Charles Daly Miroku O/U in late 2003 after coming back to trap after a 35 year hiatus. Yes, I shot the Charles Daly all those many years ago.

Traded for a local buddy's left hand KS-5 made in 1992 and have done nothing but improve since on singles. Liked my KS-5 so well that I just bought the same local buddy's KX-5. Haven't tried the KX out yet but the old KS-5 has about 35,00 rounds through it since I bought it and was serviced in 2004 for $69. by Krieghoff at the Grand. It's due again this year after 15,000 thru it.

All K-guns are built to withstand several generations of shooting enjoyment if serviced periodically and kept reasonably cleaned and lubed.

A K-80 for doubles is still on my 'when I grow up list'!

If I were looking for a singles/caps gun , if $2500 to $3500 to spend, go on and get a KS-5 Special for the adjustable rib. With $4200 to $5200 to spend, get a newer KX-5 with a few subtle improvements over the KS-5 .

With $5500 to mucho dinero to spend, add a K-80 from the early models on up to new and high grade.

Personally, I'm not a fan of combo guns. Kinda like taking a finely tuned race car and changing a few parts and set-ups although many folks have been happy with and good with combo's.

Eddie Quire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

evaluations and opinions of kreighoff k-80 trap combo shotgun

krieghoff k-5

krieghoff trap gun k5