1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Krieghoff K-20 Eye Candy @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Below is a beautiful Krieghoff K-20. It is for a sporting clays shooter and I am going to deliver this one when I head north this weekend. The wood is English Walnut from Old Tree Gunstocks. I hope the owner likes his finished project. Thank you for looking and Merry Christmas to everyone. Enjoy

Dennis, Cindy and The Crew

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_stock.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_forend.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Myles_K20_whole_gun.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Very nice wood and finish but IMHO the exaggerated grip leaves me cold.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

That ugly pistol grip spoils the whole effect.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

UGLY?? I sure wish it was in my closet. I would assume it was exactly what the customer wanted after his custom fitting. You and your people do very pretty work Dennis. Merry Christmas and a Healthy prosperous New Year for you and your crew. Bob

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

criminal

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Don't get the grip thing!

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I love the wood and the work. But the grip just looks out of place.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I like it! I'll bet that one would even fit my ole meat hook of a hand.

ss

9. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I love that fact that Dennis is posting these. Keep it up, I love the eye candy. Bruce

10. samer0214

samer0214 TS Member

Bob, I really don't see how the exagerated grip has anything to do with custom fitting the gun to any shooter. Personal choice perhaps? That I can understand, but custom fitting? Definetly not. It makes the gun look bloated IMO.

The wood and the craftsmanship both, are otherwise outstanding.

Samer

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Personal choice perhaps? That I can understand, but custom fitting? Definetly not. It makes the gun look bloated IMO."

Maybe if it was bought to stand in the display case would how it looks make a difference. IMO how it shoots is a little more important than looks when you come right down to it. If the owner is like myself small frame short guns 20, 28, and 410 just don't feel right in the hand. Usually from the lack of meat in the hand. A larger grip seems to take care of the problem for me.

Dennis beautiful work you gun work never ceases to amaze me.

Bob Lawless

12. kbud

kbud Member

I may find your wives ugly, but I certainly wouldn't say that to your face. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What works, works. Maybe you should follow the old proverb that says "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Nice work Dennis. I would be proud to wear that stock!

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Good and bad comments are welcome as it gives me feedback. But the grip was made to fit that shooters hand and no one elses. If the grip was made like that of a conventional style it would not be made to fit the shooter. Custom fitting is all about the custom fit and that is all that matters to us here. Again, thank you for all your imput and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Dennis Devault

14. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Dennis you are a master. What makes you better than many I've seen is that you're not stuck by some stodgy old tradition. You work hard to get the gun to fit the individual.

Thanks for posting these and keep them coming. I really enjoy your work.

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I think its a beauty---It takes a-lot to beat a K-Gun---LOVE IT---I'd love to know the $$$ amount---MYTSIC---

16. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Dennis, your work is great. I don't find the grip ugly. It is what it is, made to fit the shooter.

Thanks for sharing, Mark Zauhar

17. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Dennis,
    Another outstanding piece of work.
    Pat Haskins

18. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

thank you Mr DeVault

ernie

19. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I love Dennis' work...and that is a sweet lookin' 20....and that pistol grip style will make for a very comfortable, very controlable gun IMHO

20. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Dennis, I find the grip to be very nice, in fact I have "added" pistol-grip extensions to all of my competition guns to make them all look pretty much like this. I like the more "defined" pistol grip, and I always thought Perazzi guns had something more along the lines like this then the Krieghoff's. JMHO Mike* (MH*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.