1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff International - The Best

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dave-320c, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:
    I have to add my kudos the the folks at Krieghoff International for the wonderful job they did with my newly acquired KS5 Scroll.
    Fast turn around; beautiful smithing; reasonable pricing, and no charge for upgraded firing pins, etc.
    This organization is a pleasure to deal with, and sets a high standard for all of us to follow.
    My hats off to Larry Mullens of PA who sold the KS5 to me. It was everything as he described it, and I am more than happy with the Krieghoff.
    Good shooting to all.
    Dave Swerdlin

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

One of the ATA All-Americans who recently went to a Krieghoff from a Perazzi told me that he found Dieter Krieghoff to be twice the gentleman as anyone from Perazzi. I've always found everyone at KI to be extremely client-oriented.

Ed

3. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who was that ED?

4. logndog

logndog TS Member

I will be the first to tell you that is true. In my personal dealings with Mr. Krieghoff I can tell you first hand that he is nothing but a kind first class gentleman!! I watched in person at the last grand in Ohio, D. Perazzi treat Ricky Marshall like he was a bum off the street. That whole bunch thinks that Americans are a bunch of idiots that are below them on the social scale. I can tell you this much, I am planning on my next gun to be a Krieghoff, not a perazzi!
    EARNIE ROSS III
    Ohio, USA

5. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I have visited both the factory headquarters of both Krieghoff and Perazzi. The Germans are just class acts( a little rigid and there is only one way and that is the right way!).They care about customers and treat them accordingly.Visiting Krieghoff in Ulm Germany was a great experiance!

I was left cold with how Perazzi treated American shooters( maybe all shooters outside of Europe).I was not impressed with how we were treated( I was with a group of 6 other American shooters and my Italian national Subsidary Manager): very poor!I did notice some major ass kissing of some Arabs who were picking out some high end guns/wood in Perazzi's showroom. I guess $ always talks and maybe they were busy focusing on customers who wanted to spend big $ that day!

It's funny how you are treated as a customer has a lasting impression!

6. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I agree. every time I have dealt with them they have gone above and beyond in their service. Braxton and crew do a great job. I wish every business did as good. It might be the "Old World Mindset" that has been lost in today's hustle bustle world that they still operate under. Whatever it is I hope they keep it up.

Jimmy

7. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

I wouldn't call Kolar a "wannabe"??? They are legitimate...

8. ink ball

ink ball Member

A friend of mine bought a new Parcours Trap Special Combo a few years ago. When he got the gun, he noticed a mark on the stock that at first glance just looked like figuring in the wood, but upon closer examination, it appeared instead to be an over run on the saw blade when they cut the stock for the adjustable comb. It was probably no more than an 1/8 of an long inch. The kerf was perfectly filled and finished. He called KI, talked to Braxton, and told him what he observed on this stock. Braxton told my friend that this should have never happened, appologized, and asked him to send the gun to Ottsville so that they could replace the wood. He sent the gun to KI, and they replaced both the buttstock and the forearm with wood that was easily Bavaria grade, maybe even pushing Crown grade. All at no charge.

9. WI Trapshooter

WI Trapshooter TS Member

Thanks for the info guys that just reasures my decision to get a ks-5 or kx-5.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Roger C: Did you ask what his definition of a good gun is and how they differ from those sold here in the US of A?

11. Mtneer

Mtneer TS Member

I would have to agree with all of the above regarding Krieghoff and Braxton and team. I had some work on my K-80 recently and was really blown away by the level of service and professionalism of the whole crew. I will never have another brand as my main target gun.

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

A few years ago, we went to the NRA convention in Houston. There was only one person working the Krieghoff booth when we went by. It was Dieter Krieghoff. Told me everything I needed too know about the man and the company. (By the way, there was nobody working the ATA booth when we went by at the same show. That told me a little also.)

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.