1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Krieghoff hangers - please teach me

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GiesJ, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

I have an old Model 32 with O/U that has a #4 hanger - can you help me understand if this is a relatively flat hanger? Is there a difference between a Model 32 hanger and a K80 hanger? I really have to cover the first bird in doubles and would like to change this out.

I understand this is pretty simple, please let me know what to watch out for. Also, I believe I need a smaller hanger number - like a #2?

Your help and input is appreciated. I looked on Krieghoff.com but only seemed to be able to find a little on the K80 hangers and was looking for some advice.
    Thank you,
  2. K80gunner

K80gunner TS Member

Model 32, and K 80 fixed choke hangers are the same.

There is no rule of thumb, as to what hanger will shoot what, in each individual gun, as they are regulated at the factory to achieve the required POI.

You are correct in your assumption that you need a smaller hanger #.

With 30" barrels, each hanger # smaller, will move your POI 2-2.5 inches higher at 38 yards.

The roll pins that retain the hangers, should be removed, and installed with the correct pin punches, or the roll pin will be damaged.
    The correct pin punch to install the pin, fits inside the roll pin.
  3. hmb

hmb Active Member

Hangers contol the POI of the lower barrel only. #1 POI is highest and #7 is lowest POI. In doubles you will probably have to cover the first bird no matter what hanger you use if you shoot fast. HMB
  4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Well-Known Member

The danger of using too thin a hanger is it will also pull down the top barrel causing it to shoot lower. Switch to a #2 and raise the comb if necessary!!
  5. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

Thanks everyone. It's a 32" O/U. I'll start with the #2. I don't have an adjustable comb.

Are used hangers relatively easy to come across?
  6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Well-Known Member

Be nice to Krieghoff International and they might arrange a swap!!
  7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Krieghoff used to exchange them for a fee that was a lot less than buying a new one.

It wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Adios, Dirk
  8. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

What's up Dirk!? Thanks, I'll give them a ring but they are probably at or in route to the big G.
    Jason
  9. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Yeah, they are already at Sparta, but they may have someone answering the phone.....or you could go to the Grand. ;-)

Adios, Dirk
  10. bigben

bigben Member

GiesJ, put any hanger you wish on, when I change hangers there is less than 2 oz. of pressure needed to change hangers, in fact, when you take the existing hanger off, the bottom barrel will float more than an inch just from gravity. incinerate em!
  11. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

Anyone have a used #2 they would like to part with?
  12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

There is a #2 titanium for $99.99 on gunbroker right now. Mike.
  13. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Where is the hanger number? Is removal required to see the number?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.