1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

-Krieghoff gunsmith(s) @ Cardinal Classic ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I guess this is kind of shooting related. I didn't make it to the Grand this year although I wanted to get over there to have a barrel fitted to my K80. As a general rule historically, have there been any gunsmiths at the Cardinal Classi that are "qualified" to do this kind of work ? I realize this is somewhat of a broad question - the barrel I have will go on the receiver but the forearm will not latch closed. To be specific, I have an existing 32" barrel and want to have a 30" barrel fit to the receiver so that both are "mated."

Thanks in advance

Amboy49

2. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Phillips Gunsmithing would be a good place to start. good luck,Tim

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I dont think Phillip is going to be at the Cardinal....But Kreighoff has a storefront. I think they will have a smith there.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Phillips won't be there and Krieghoff likely won't have a gunsmith along unless you're counting Braxton!!

5. magic

magic Member

Krieghoff has Sam and Elmar there. As well as Braxton. Lol

Laurence Pylinski is there as well.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If Sam comes along he'll be an excellent choice!!

7. amboy49

Need to ask a large favor. For those at the Cardinal center tomorrow who may run across any Krieghoff mechanic on purpose or by accident. As I mentioned in my thread above, I need a barrel fit to my K-80. Would like to ask for the phone number of anyone there so qualified so I can give them a call to arrange to have the work done before I make the drive over from Indiana on Saturday. I would need to have the work done that same day while I waited and then driving back home that evening.

Thanks in advance

Amboy 49

8. amboy49

would like to move this to the top to sse if someone might be able to help me out with this. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive - which I would hate to make if I can't get something done the same day. Assuming there are qualified folks there, I don't just to show up insisting on "same day" service without at least letting them know to block out a little time.

Thanks in advance.

Amboy 49

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.