1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Gunsmith Recommendation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fooldawg, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooldawg

fooldawg Member

Hello All,

I'm looking for a Krieghoff gunsmith in the Northern Virginia area.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Dave Moreland

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why not ship it? cheaper than gas

Gene

3. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

Send your K-gun to Ernest Marlette. He is THE MAN. Be careful who you let work on your guns, bro.

4. fooldawg

fooldawg Member

I'm getting a new carrier barrel (sorry, I'm a skeeter) just before a class with John Shima. He likes to shoot @ least two flats in his day long class and I'd prefer to shoot the sub gauges rather than 12.

Anyway, we're driving from NC to Northern Virginia for the class and to visit family and thought I check for a good Krieghoff smith for the barrel fit.

Thanks,

Dave Moreland

5. fooldawg

fooldawg Member

Ernest is my first choice and we plan to be @ DeWitts for one of the Devault clinics. The clinic just happens to fall a week after our class with Shima. Winston Salem is a pretty easy trip from Ellerbe and I mught just wait until then.

Maybe I'll just load up some 7/8 oz. 12 gauge and shoot away...

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Ditto the recommendation of Earnest Marlette, especially if you are in NC.

Withers Burress

7. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Dave, I believe fitting @ Krieghoff Int. is included in the price of the carrier barrel given the barrel is new. At least that is the way the dealer priced one to me.

Joe

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Marlette is the best man for your job better call him as he is going to the Sporting Clays Nationals to work on Krieghoffs in San Antonio on Sunday. 336-456-1818 tell him Buddy from Fla said hello

9. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Dave, I posted on your sgw.com thread. I have had good luck with Laurence Pylinski and he is in Cumberland, VA. I have had him do work on guns at the Ohio State trap shoot and I know he travels to events. His number is 804-357-2393.
    Doug Allison

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Pylinski would be your best bet for all of VA LOL Aside from that, there are no gunsmiths that I would trust to work on a Krieghoff here in northern VA. The K shooters send their guns out of state for any work.

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I can see Northern VA from my house and slthough I like Mr. Marlette a lot, I take my K guns to Ottsville. I let them mail them back, but I hand carry them up so there are no lapses of communication.

12. Maner

Maner TS Member

Marlette is the best. It would not matter to me how far I had to drive or to ship. It is worth it to me. He is in North Carolina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.