1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff got nerve

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Looked a a couple Krieghoffs. Yep stamped engraving and stocks that look the firewood i burn. All for $20,000 I mean bad looking wood. I wonder how they can sell there guns. Looked at the new KX6. Its a looser. Guns i like on the market today. Low- range Browning, Beretta. Mid- Range Ljutic, Ceasar Guerini. High range- Perazzi, Kolar, Silver Seitz. I think the best value today is the Ceasar Gurini guns. Best trigger design for flexability has to be Kolar. Change from release to pull in seconds.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And then they want you to bring it in every year for service. I think they want our money. HMB

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

why the constant hate? they don't want 'em in your hands anyhow

4. smsnyder

Twinbirds that's a good response. LOL I just think Kriegoffs are way over priced. Look at it close. Can you see $20,000 in materals.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You have us confused with someone who is concerned with your opinion. That's a nice way of saying " tell someone who gives a XXXX "

6. smsnyder

Looked a a couple Krieghoffs. Yep stamped engraving and stocks that look the firewood i burn. All for $20,000 I mean bad looking wood. I wonder how they can sell there guns. Looked at the new KX6. Its a looser. Guns i like on the market today. Low- range Browning, Beretta. Mid- Range Ljutic, Ceasar Guerini. High range- Perazzi, Kolar, Silver Seitz. I think the best value today is the Ceasar Gurini guns. Best trigger design for flexability has to be Kolar. Change from release to pull in seconds.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

And then they want you to bring it in every year for service. I think they want our money. HMB

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

why the constant hate? they don't want 'em in your hands anyhow

9. smsnyder

Twinbirds that's a good response. LOL I just think Kriegoffs are way over priced. Look at it close. Can you see $20,000 in materals.

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You have us confused with someone who is concerned with your opinion. That's a nice way of saying " tell someone who gives a XXXX "

11. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

you know most guns are overpriced until you consider the cost of engineering and refinement,tooling, liability insurance etc. all gun manufacturers have to compete in a world where someone can criticize their product, and right or wrong condemn or praise the product in a public forum when the experience is usually based on a very small sample of what the companies actually produce. you will learn it doesn't matter what it looks like, or costs if that is what people think they need to be competitive people will pay the price. I have owned a lot of upper end guns, they offer little benefits over a quality lower end gun, perhaps comfort being the most significant edge or maybe consistency. They look nice and may prove to require less maintenance or maybe a more specialized maintenance. the main thing is, if they can afford it, it's their priviledge.

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

94 degrees here with a heat index of 104 degrees. got hay to bale guess I'm training for Sparta? how hot do you have it?

13. logndog

logndog TS Member

I've always said "beauty is as beauty does" . A gun can have the best wood and loaded with gold, but if you can't shoot it consistently it's not worth ten bucks. I've heard more than one person complain that a Kreighoff trigger is too complicated and has too many moving parts, well so does a Rolex, and other percision watches.......and that's my point...percision. If you want a simple trigger, get a single barrel hammer gun. In a sport where one bird is the difference between winning and loosing, I'll take all the help I can get to be as consistent as I can be. What serious shooter needs to be able to change from a release to a pull in seconds? When I bought my K80 I had the double releases put in and set to my weights and that was the end of it. I guess if a gun doesn't shoot so good and gets traded around it's whole life, the quick changing trigger set up might be advantageous. I can tell you that almost every time I see a trigger break down on the line, it has been a removable one...........maybe that's why they made them removable! I'm convinced that you get what you pay for, you can shine up a piece of coal all you want, but in the end it's still a piece of coal. My Krieghoff has been worth every penny I paid for it, and has paid for it's self. This is my opinion.
    Earnie Ross III

14. white rattler

white rattler Member

One must take into account that the US dollar is in a tail spin. 15 years ago I bought a place in Phoenix with a 62 cent dollar. Think of this 10,000. Canadian got me 6400.00 US. When the market closed on Friday I would have got 10,400. US for 10,000. Canadian. The rest of the free world is moving forward and the USA is in a lot of trouble. Trevor Dawe.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Waiting for the inevitable "But Krieghoffs blow up" post in five... four... three... two...

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I've always heard Krieghoff's blow up.

17. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Shoot what you like and what you can afford, any of them going to be perfect for everyone? No, some prefer high ribs, low ribs, coil springs, leaf springs, english walnut, untreated 2x4 it doesn't matter if you are shooting to the best of your abilities. Jake

18. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I am in sales and generally when people complain about a GREAT product it means that there too cheap to buy it or can not afford it. I am a K guy after many years of buying the other guns and I got in the door @ 3900.00 glad I did.

There is a car dealer near me that sell Rolls Royce, Lamborgina and the like I do not drive by and say what over priced service and the cars are crap to, so snyder and hmb which ones are you POOR or CHEAP????????????????
    Jim Z

19. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I agree with you. The wood on my 1100 Sporting 28 GA is nicer than my K-80. But the part that actually matters....ISN'T. I guess that's why they invented stock makers.

20. cabman

cabman TS Member

Give Clay Target Sports a call.....free upgrade on wood. Worth every penny!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.