1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&&& Krieghoff Eye Candy &&&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

One more for this week. The following is a Krieghoff standard un-single combo that features Turkish Walnut supplied by Mike Mann. I know I got some comments on the last Krieghoff having such a large stock, so I want everyone to see that not all stocks are created equal. It all depends on the fit and the size of the shooter. Each person that comes in is judged on their sport they are doing, the height of the rib and what the shooter is trying to accomplish. As always thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Skeetbender

Skeetbender Active Member

Nice chunk of lumber, Very Nice.

3. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Dennis, the wood grain on this K-gun is very similar to the 20 gauge 391 I bought from Dean several years ago....You guys are extremely talented in your gun building. Cindys checkering is incredible.....Pete LaBella

4. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Dennis,

One word fantastic, you are right not as much wood in this one as most appear to have, also much less pitch than nearly all of your stocks that I have seen.

Are most of your clients large chested (typical trapshooter build) or is pitch a thing you build into your stocks as a rule ?

Thanks again for your posts, they are a sight for sore eyes.

Respectfully,.....Release Trigger.........Downunder.

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I love the dark stripe in the wood. It make it appear more like English that Turkish walnut.

6. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Dennis that is a great looking stock and what type finish is on it?

7. Mike

Mike Member

How long does it take from day of fitting to delivery of finished stock? Trap Season now starting, wonder if I should wait til fall? Mik

8. dboss3

dboss3 TS Member

Pictures don't do it justice. The wood is beautiful and the workmanship is fantastic as usual. Thank you Cindy, Mike and Tracy. Dennis your'e the best. Dan

9. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

To answer two questions,

Most of the folks that come in are large in the chwst and require pitch to take the bit out of the face and drive the recoil straight back. Also the more upright a person wants to get the more pitch is required to fit the angle in the pocket. I written about this in past newsletters on pitch and fit. The finish is a urethane finish with a special blend of other steps added in to prep for the final spray finish coats. Thank you for the inquiry.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.