1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@ Krieghoff Eye Candy ready to ship down under @@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Well we just finished a stock and forend for one of three customers that was here from Australia in late August. This is for the youngest mate and it is for a Krieghoff Trap Special. The wood is an old piece of English Walnut that has laid around here for about two years. It has a very unique grain pattern and the crew did an outstanding job on the creation of the layout to make it look beautiful. I wanted the customer to have a look at the wood before it arrives in his country. My many thanks to our outstanding Crew and my lovely wife both groups worked hard to made this all happen. I hope that the customer finds this as beautiful as we did. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303335.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303336.jpg

2. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Beautiful!

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

another masterpiece

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That dude has one hell of a reach! Was he 7 foot tall? What was the LOP? LOL. Nice job as always.

5. Dennis DeVault

Yes the young man is 6' 5" very tall and lean with long arms, high cheek bones and narrow PD distance. The Monte Carlo was as far down as we could get without an adjustable butt plate. If I remember the LOP is 15 to 15-1/4" and the width across the back of the stock is 8-3/4". It took a monster blank to carve this stock out of and that limited the wood that we could use. I just hope that he continues to shoot the stock as well as he did when he was here.

Dennis DeVault

6. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Dennis.. I have to say that is about the nicest piece of wood that I've ever seen you use !! Great Job !!!

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

In a word, beautiful....

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Great job! How long from start to finish for a stock, I want one of those.

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

If i could afford a Devault stock for a Kolar, i would be HAPPY if it was Just 10% as Beautiful as this stock !!!!!!! Joe joe90t

10. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Dennis...... I watched this young man shoot at the Cardinal Classis. I was sure it was a Devault stock and waited until he left the trap he was shooting on. He was shooting his "try" stock (black) very, very good. I spoke with him and asked him if it was a "Devault" He smiled and said it is and went on to his next trap. One very tall dude and he will like the finished product. If I am correct he done some pretty good shooting at the Grand also....DanB

11. Dennis DeVault

Yes Dan, the young man did very well at the Cardinal Classic. He had a 98 and 96 from penalty 25 yards, a 100 and 199 in singles. He also tied for the championship Doubles on Sunday with a 99. I just hope that the finished product lets him continue his great shooting. Thank you all for the great comments.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.