1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dontate, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontate

dontate Member

I recently purchased an older KS-5 and was told that the trigger can be adjusted to convert from pull to release. Anyone out there that can help me out would be appreciated.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sure can!!

3. dontate

dontate Member

OK oleolliedawg how do I do it? Adjust screw behind the trigger out?

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You need the release hook. It's not as simple as it sounds without it. The early KS-5's were supplied with the release hook. You had to turn one of the trigger screws to get engagement-I forget which one. It was a long time ago!!

5. dontate

dontate Member

Oleolliedawg thanks for the info. Somehow I thought it was too good to be true.
    I'll have to investigate the release hook and see if the gun even has one. Anyone else out there have any additional knowledge they could share?

6. Phillip's Gunsmithing

Phillip's Gunsmithing Member

Only the first 100 KS5 were set up that way,and when ever they would go back to Ottesville they would drill out the adj screw so it could not be set back and forth. The reason they do not make them that way anymore is some one would turn the screw and not adj it all of the way and the trigger would pull through or it would wear out the tip of the hook and break it ,because it would have to much hammer drop when the screw was not tightened all of the way. It was a good idea that they had but to many people had problems with it that way.

Phillip Crenwelge

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

Send it to Phillip he is factory trained. Bill Cook

8. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I just got my KS-5 back after being converted to a release by Philip, he is the very best in my book. Joe

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Agree. Phillip will do a great job for you. Ed

10. DANNY

DANNY Member

Dave, I have one of the early hooks, new never installed. 60.00 shipping included if in the U.S. Danny

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I found out there are two different hooks from Krieghoff. The older ones where a little different design, and fit the older models,(Two set screws in the top of the trigger). The newer hooks have an adjustment set screw, with locking set screw. What I learned with the installation, which is rather simple, is that the single set screwed trigger of the later models require the hook with these adjustment screws. The single set screw in the trigger that is for the crispness setting has to be screwed out a certain distance before the release hook engages. Also the set screw on the hook has to be set correct in order for the catch hook, which is part of the hammer, to bypass the release hook that is attached to the trigger with the trigger pin, in order to cock the hammer. This all has to be done while the stock is off and you can see how the adjustments affect the operation.

As stated above, if you are not mechanically inclined spend the extra money and have it done. It is costly at KI. Phillip would be an excellent choice.

Some more advise, always hold a high gun when using a release trigger. It saves the paint job on the traphouse should you have an accidental discharge. Jon

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

13. dontate

dontate Member

Danny,

Could you please contact me. I want to purchase the release hook you have for the KS5. Thanks,
    Don Tate
    davtate@comcast.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.