1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Europa model 32. Value?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doea anyone have an idea of the value of the above mentioned gun? It is highly engraved, no gol, with a silver nitrate finish. I have an opportunity to buy one but need an approximate value. Thanks, Murray

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sounds like a san remo to me, and i'd say 4-6k depending on condition if thats the case.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

naaaaaaa

If you are saying what I think you are saying- it is a model 62

You wont find the name Krieghoff anywhere on this gun - in fact- it might be rubbed out

the serial number will start with 62

there is a long story on these

because of market uncertainty on the issue of if it is a Krieghoff or not ( it is) the value of these is significantly less than a similar K32

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gene, it is a 62 and Krieghoff is marked on the receiver. As stated previously it is highly engraved but no gold inlays. Can you give an approximate value? Thanks,Mike

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Gene, were these guns made by a Victor Brandl with Krieghoff parts? Mike

6. g7777777

I have seen a bunch of model 62s and they have never said krieghoff on the reciever- just Model 62

This came about when Dupont purchased the buisness I think- well through constructive manuvering the seller attempted to continue to sell Krieghoffs that werent the model 32 and didnt say Krieghoff ( although maybe the first 62s did)

They were marketed in Britan as well

I saw a 4 barrel (not skeet but 2 o/u trap barrels and two single barrels) sit at 4000 for several years and not sell

The answer is it depends- to you it might be worth more than resale value- heck it is as good as

if we are talking about receiver and a barrel ( which also in my experience wont say Krieghoff on it) probably $2500

Gene

7. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

I have two of the guns and an extra set of barrels. On the bottom of the receiver it will be marked EUROPA MODEL 62 and as stated by GN7777777 above, the serial number will begin with "62". There were approximately 75-77 of these guns made. I have a letter from Hal duPont that explains how they came about. Briefly, they were guns that Hal imported from Krieghoff and had engraved in order to have high grade guns to sell. His company is/was the Europa Corporation, thus the name. They were kind of an audition to find engravers when high grade guns weren't being produced by Krieghoff. The guns were sent to many different engravers. They are basically a Kreighoff Model 32 and parts will interchange as will barrels. I know because I recently purchased a 4 barrel only set from Robert Paxton and fitted them to one of the Europa receivers.

G7777777, I can send you a copy of the letter from Hal if you like.

As an aside, I asked Dieter Krieghoff about them at the Shot Show several years ago and he had no information about them. That's when I contacted Hal.

I have never seen two alike. I'm talking about a true Europa now. All I have seen are very unique. From your description, it sounds as though someone has plated the receiver as I have never seen one like that. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. Of the two I have, one has gold and silver inlays with gold wire work and the other looks a great deal like an early crown grade Model 32.

If the barrels are original to the gun, they will be marked with the serial number of the receiver on the flat on the bottom, something like 620XX. You will notice that that area has been milled down in order to remove the original serial number.

As for a value, look at it as though it were a Krieghoff Model 32 of the same grade.

The Bayrat

Erol Tucker - POC, TX

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Thank you very much Erol

9. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Barrellbulge, you have a PM.

10. g7777777

I dont agree they have the same value as a K-32 - just my opinion- having seen a lot of these not sell

not demeaning the gun by any means

Gene

11. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Gene.......I believe a lot of people think they are some kind of knockoff of a Model 32 and don't realize how unique they really are. Indeed, they are just a Krieghoff Model 32 that has been upgraded and re-badged.

I have been shooting one for a number of years. Lots of Win 3-1/4 - 1-1/4oz Pigeon loads and still shooting.

The Bayrat

Erol Tucker - POC, TX

12. g7777777

Know I agree about them being an early K32 but the market doesnt bear that out

Its kind of like certain cars sell better than others- but the cars all drive the same and have many of the same components

Why throw confusion into your life by paying the same price for a Model 62 and then trying to argue with people that it should be worth the same as a K32 when you go to sell it?

Gene

13. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Well, it sometimes makes some people go nuts trying to find something someone else has and they don't!!! The confused look on their face is priceless.

I can't really fault your argument. I personally like them and since I know what they really are, I tend to defend them.

You have to admit that an unaltered gun in good condition is a very nice example of the genre.

Erol

14. magic

magic Member

Murray....check your PMs

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Thanks everyone. Murray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
krieghoff crown grade shotguns
krieghoff k32 value