1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff engraving Question???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JimmyP, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Can someone tell me how to tell who did the engraving work on a Krieghoff? Where and what do you look for? Is it someone's initials or a certain mark? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jimmy

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jimmy- I do not have any references to Krieghoff engravers. I do have references to many other "factory" engravers for different companies. Most gun companies have used both "in house" engravers and engravers that they sub out work to. Most companies now use private engravers that they send work to. These engravers will work for anyone who send them a gun.

Many engravers sign their work in various ways, but some do not. The "signature" often must be interpreted. Some engravers have several people working under them. They will sign, or initial, the work in different way to indicate if they did the engraving or if they supervised the engraving.

Locating the signature or initials can be difficult. The signature is often worked into the engraving patters. The bottom of the receiver or near the bottom boarder of the game scene are common places for signatures.

Pat Ireland

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Thanks Pat, I was just trying to find out who did my gun, and learn a little more about Krieghoff guns.

Jimmy

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

You may consider asking John Herkowitz at Pacific Sporting Arms. He's the man re. Krieghoffs on the West Coast...

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi Jimmy:
    I would look by the trigger, on either side. Initials or Name. If you had initials you can call Krieghoff International and they would research it to tell you who the engraver was. Dave T.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

What grade is the gun? any Pics ? Jeff

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I was told that the engraving was done prior to heat treating. Dave T.

8. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Jimmy- send me your Email address. Paul in Virginia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.