1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff date of manufacture ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Alpineinc, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpineinc

Alpineinc TS Member

Anyone know where to find dates of manufacture by serial number for a K32?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

With my M32, I got a mfg. date for the receiver from Krieghoff International via e-mail. Being #919 it was an easy guess anyway to have come out the first year or so. I have two barrel sets and they DID NOT come with the gun originally. Pat's description of their mfg. date is good; they are 1064 (oct. '64) and 1166 (Nov. '66)....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

pat is correct--

Gene

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

what year did they first make the 32 and when did they stop?

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Tracyhunter, Gene would know better than me, but I'm told the first 32s came to the U.S. in 1961 and I'm pretty sure they continued until replaced by the K-80 in 1980 - clever, eh?.....Bob Dodd

6. todman2

todman2 Member

The serial number dates your gun to the very early 60s. I had a San Remo serial #874. At this time the internal mechanism was very different than the later model 32 and was practically identical to the Remington Model 32. During the early 60's Krieghoff completely redesigned the internals. Just about everything was changed except the top latch and opening lever. Sears were not only different but worked in a different way. The trigger was completely redesigned. There are two pictures of early Model 32 guns, one with the Remington action and one with the later Krieghoff design. If you follow this link, http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/271.html it will take you straight to it. A testament to the good design work done all those years ago is that it is essentially the same as the K-80 today although the K-80 has been considerably refined and honed over the past 25 years.

7. todman2

todman2 Member

X Factor
    I have serial #45XX. Was manufactured in Sept / Oct. 1969 but due to engraving time not completed for sale until 1970's

Krieghoff International. confirmed manufacture date also but they had to contact Germany for info.

If your brother has any other questions drop me a note love to learn more about these guns since only 49 of them were made according to Krieghoff.

todman2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
krieghoff dates of manufacture
krieghoff k 32 serial numbers
krieghoff k80 serial number date
krieghoff k80 serial numbers
krieghoff serial number

krieghoff serial number date

krieghoff serial number to year

krieghoff serial numbers