1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff cast?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

I am interested in a KX-5 or KS-5. As a lefty, will I have any issues with the stock?

Thanks
    Dave

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Dave, the factory stocks I've seen on the KX/KS series are neutral and have ambidextrous palm swells. I'm a lefty and have no problem with them. I've not seen many with after-market/cast stocks such as Wenig. You'd need to shoulder one to see if you need to add a butt adjuster for drop/cast. The adjustable combs are easily cast. The stocks tend to have pretty generic dimensions. The opening lever tends to have a long throw, which also cocks the gun I believe. Make sure it is not too long a motion for your hand when opening the gun. Bob

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Dave, I have a K80 and I need alot of cast (right handed)I talked with kreighoff, they told me they could set the cast up to 1/2 inch by enletting the stock (not sure how they do it) krieghoff wanted $125.00 I had phillip do it and he charged me $50.00 that was six years ago. He got it to move about 3/8 of an inch, I also had a soft comb made and had the hardware offset about 1/16 of an inch. It has really helped me as I no longer lean my head over to aline the beads. good shooting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.