1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

krieghoff barrel value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sauerberetta, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sauerberetta

sauerberetta TS Member

Hello, I was hoping someone could give me the appproximate value of M32 o/u barrels. The barrels are 32" long with the vandalia rib. Bores are in very good shape, bright and clear and have never been altered. The barrel serial # range 46XX and is choked I/M & F. The bluing is original with very ight pitting in 1 area on the bottom barrel about a quarter the size of a pencil eraser and the top barrel has also has an area about the size of a pencil eraser but they do look nice overall. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Depends how much you want them

Vandalia barrels have been rediscovered by sporting clays shooters- originally brought out for trap shooters they did have the higer rib but shot lower than a lot of trap shooters wanted.

Value- I would say as discribed $1500-2000-- if they had briley chokes another 400 dollars on top of that

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

There was one on here about two weeks ago, although it had the more desirable flat rib and fixed chokes that didn't sell. Starting price was about $1400.
    It sold last week on gunbroker for $975.
    Chokes are plus or minus. Depends on what you are looking for. Briley charges $400 to bore and thread with 5 choke tubes.
    I just paid $1400 for a pristine 30" flat rib fixed choke which seem to be rare but it's what the wife wanted. I have 3 32" fixed and one 32" with briley's.

4. sauerberetta

sauerberetta TS Member

I appreciate your responses and the promtness of the postings. This is the first time I have actually written to the forum, although I have been reading different threads for years. This site is a valuable resource as well as great place for sharing and learning. I really enjoy it.

Thanks again,

Dan

5. g7777777

sptnclays - states the flat rib is more desireable-- which isnt accurate

He then states it(the flat rib) sold on gunbroker for 975---- that is why it sold for 975- it is worth less than the vandalia

At 975 I would buy a every single 32 inch vandalia barrel I could get my hands on- either shooting them or just letting them sit there until I decided to sell them--

My experience is that the flat rib model 32 barrels are worth significantly less than the vandalia in 30 and 32 inch valuations - particurally the 32 inch

Regards from from Iowa

Gene

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Gene---How do you tell the difference between the flat and the Vandalia---I am not up on them and what do you call the modern O/U K-gun bbl---Thanks---George

7. g7777777

Well flat ribs are really ramped ribs and were traditionally known as "the krieghoff rib" and were 8-7 mm

There were other flat rib widths tried or special ordered occassionaly but the 8-7 is "the rib"

There are now in K80 barrels other ramp ribs- 12-8, 10-6 etc

now the ramp rib is very close- to the same height as the step ribbed trap barrel that you can shoot them interchangeably-- the difference is that the ramped rib ramps up from the back of the mono block - in a ramp to gain its height

A step rib to gain essentially that same height runs flat along the chamber and then "steps" up suddenly

Vandalia ribbed barrels are higher than either of those and are more similar to one of the browning sporting clays ribs on a sporting for example

Vandlia barrels are usually 8-7 but there are exception

There are also higher ribs on sporting and trap specials in addition to the previously discussed ramp and step ribs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.