1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Barrel Set???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dsiteman, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsiteman

dsiteman TS Member

0   0   0

Hello,
    Recently recieved a Krieghoff barrel set for gunsmithing/items which I did for fellow sometime ago and these were considered pmt. for the items and services.
    I do not own a Krieghoff, wish I did, but description is as follows:
    12 gauge, 3"chamber, 28", seems to be tapered rib, no forearm included, no choke tubes and missing extractors. Since the muzzles are "swollen" to receive the choke tubes would say these are set up for Krieghoff factory choke tubes. Both beads are missing as well. Condition of the barrels exterior and interior appear to be in excellent condition w/ only the very smallest blemish/marrs in the finish. Bores are very bright and appear to be quite good. I know little about Krieghoffs other than they are a quality shotgun/firearm and some other data is that the breech end is marked W. Germany, Krieghoff, ULM and and some other small stampings which I would assume to be proof markings?? Both upper and lower barrel on the mono block is stamped 3". Left side of upper and lower barrels are stamped w/ 18.6mm, Mag 12/76 which I would assume to be metric chamber measurement. Also there is an OW stamped on both barrels as well. Would consider any reasonable offers for outright sale or possible trades for whatever in firerms. If someone would have additional information on these barrels and would care to share same, would be much appreciated. Thanks,

martin

Have phots and can send w/ your e mail.

Barrels have been SOLD pending funds. Thanks for all the inquiries and help. Martin

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My guess on the flared muzzle is that this bbl has Tula chokes. A Tula choke is not a removable choke, but a larger ID for about 3-4" at the muzzle. No threads in there.

3. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

K80 barrels with factory choke tubes look "swollen" at the end,also. Paul in Virginia

4. sim32

sim32 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Maybe this info will help, I have a factory light concept carrier barrel, and it looks to be made from the same stock they used for the Tula choke barrels. The flare is a little over 4" long -vs- my choke tube barrel, the flare is 2" long, and of coarse it has threads inside. Is the barrel ported with a multitude of small holes? I don't know if it was standard, but every Tula barrel I have seen has been factory ported. KS

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I am not sure they made tula choke 3 inch barrels- dont think they have but I might be wrong

its either threaded or not- just look or reach your hand in and feel

threads might be damaged

extractors arent cheap

Gene

6. dsiteman

dsiteman TS Member

0   0   0

Hello,
    Thanks for the responses. The muzzle/choke tube area is threaded and does not appear to be damaged. The threaded portion of the barrels appears to be some 1"plus down the muzzles/bore. The enlarged areas of the muzzles to accomodate the tubes are approx. 2" in length. The barrels are not ported. Tried to call Krieghoff today, closed for Good Friday, but did speak w/ Jacques Fine Guns and they gave me an estimated resale value w/ no tubes, extractors missing, etc. of between 600-$800.00 Also advised that the work to install/time extractors, tubes would add more hundreds?? Be that as it may, would entertain offers and return privliges if not what they were expected. Thanks for the feedback.

martin dotson

7. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Martin,
    I am interested in your barrels and have sent you a private message.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff shotguns jaques