1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by honorable mention, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honorable mention

honorable mention TS Member

Will barrels from a K-80 and a K-32 interchange?

2. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Chances are yes. Might need some minor fitting to get the forearm to latch.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

sptnclays is right on. BULGE.

4. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

As already said - the general answer is yes. I have a Model 32 Krieghoff that has a 30 inch K80 barrel fit to it as well as a Model 32 four barrel set. The four barrel set was fit to the gun after purchasing it from a recognized Krieghoff dealer in Texas who did the fitting. The 30 inch K80 barrel was already fit to the gun at the time I purchased it.

My suggestion, if you're considering having this done, is to send it to either and authorized Krieghoff dealer or to someone like Ernest Marlette who is also quite capable ( Ernest may be "certified" by Krieghoff, just not certain.) and has done work for me.

I did have a K80 that when purchased had an extremely tight barrel to receiver fit and had to have it "refit" after purchase to make assembly correct.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

On what frame?

But the answer is always yes- with fitting-

Generally later serial number K32 frames and K80 frames the fitting will be minimal if any at all.

Normally its only the forearm lug.

A couple of notable exceptions- one where some local gunsmith has "loosened up" a barrel ( calling that fitting) and where the top latch or hinge pins are replaced with oversized versions.

Many gunsmiths that dont understand Krieghoffs grind the width of the mono block down = those barrels are ruined forever- or arent as good-

All other barrels can be refit or rebuilt

To give you an idea- I generally say 95 percent of the barrels will fit right on with doing nothing and 4 percent might need a forearm lug tweak- that leaves that 1 percent that are going to be a bugger

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. honorable mention

honorable mention TS Member

Thanks for the info; Gene - thats what I was looking for!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.