1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Barrel Hangers related to POI.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SpeedyWho, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

Kreighoff states that each size hanger will move your pattern 2.5"-3", either direction you trying to go. How does that relate to POI ratios 60/40 70/30 and so on. I shoot a Floating rib 32" o/u with a #5 hanger that shoots nearly flat. I would like it to shoot around 80/20 If I was to install a #2 that would in theory raise my pattern 7.5"-9" everything else being unchanged. Is that a big dirrence, it doesn't seem that much. Any Thoughts would be great. Thanks MIKE

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You get about a ten percent change with each number. A #2 hanger should get you close to 80/20. On a O/U it only changes the lower barrel POI. HMB

3. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

Yes I know that the hanger only changes the Bottom Barrel. Thank You

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I recently changed from a number 6 hanger to a number 4 hanger and it really made a big difference. Best thing is to shoot some paper as you change things so you will know for sure.

Good luck,

Tomas

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Now just to throw a kink in the works, My buddy went through a lot of hangers to find one that had the correct POI. No two hangers seem to be the same, but generally a #2 will provide an 80/20 poi. The reason why he went through so many is because his stock isn't adjustable for comb height.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff barrel hangers