1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KRIEGHOFF ANNUAL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,

I just had my KX5 to Krieghoff for the first time , and I'm wondering what others feel about this service . I think it was worth it fro me to have them check the gun over ( I bought it used )& install new springs & assure me it was in very good condition and working order .

I like to hear from some other folks who have done it in the past or do it on a regular basis .
    Thank you.
    HIT

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I'm planning on having it done every 20 years. Germans make very good springs. HMB

3. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

it depends how much you shoot, i know I will drive the 25 mins over there when i hit 20,000 rounds

4. Sheddaddy

Sheddaddy TS Member

I have taken my Krieghoffs on a regular basis to the folks at Ottsville for over 10 years. I have never been disappointed with their service and their ability to explain and make recommendations on anything that you want to talk about on clay target shooting. No matter who you get there to work on your gun they are all well trained and know their stuff. You won't be disappointed. They will test fire any Krieghoff they work on. John Furman

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

hit, I am in the same boat you are. I recently purchased a KS-5 Special. I checked with Ottsville and found out that it was manufactured in 1996. Not knowing if it had ever been serviced I sent it in. I was having intermitten trouble with the ejector not ejecting shells, and the bead in the middle of the barrel was not centered on the rib. THey replaced all the springs, fixed the ejector, replaced the site, and installed a firering pin upgrade(What ever that is) and it was all covered in the price of the "Annual Service" I have only shot the gun twice since I got it back and am very happy with the work that they did. My nly complaint was the slow ass UPS delivery system. Once I new my gun was coming back it was unbearable waiting to receive it. It took exactly one week from the time I was notified that it was on it's way home. When Isent it to them I went to the Post Office at 4:00pm Seattle time on a ednesday afternoon and it was delivered at 11:50 Ottsville time on Friday. And the postal service was twenty dollars cheaper than good ole UPS!
    Happy shooting

6. 3200SK Robinson

3200SK Robinson TS Member

Won't send mine to them anymore. Got mine back last spring it was dirty inside, sprung c-clip laying on the bottom leaving hammer shaft w/o clip and questionable lube job. Cleaned out inside replaced clip and lubed myself.

Richard

7. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

KI has done annuals on two of my KS-5s.

Great work, responsive, great value.

Well worth it.

David

8. capt jay

capt jay Member

Just what is the price for the annual services

9. broken target

broken target Member

I take mine every year, they do a great job, 1st class. You can make an appointment and have it done while you wait. Krieghoff service & equipment is unmatched!!!!!!

10. Huntin'Fool

225 reccomended every 20000 rounds

11. Huntin'Fool

225 reccomended every 20000 rounds

12. eperry

eperry Member

Perfect job, they emailed me to let me know they got it and when they were sending it out. I sent it on a monday could have had it friday but I had them keep it over the weekend because I would not be home to get it. They even cleaned and vacuumed out the dog hair in my gun case.

13. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

3200 guy, if what you say is true, you should have it worked out by now. None of us have any sympathy for you if you found it impossible to scream "Foul" to Dieter. Kiss our collective...Oh, I would never finish that sentence. I don't do annuals, but no one but Ottsville touches my many K guns except in an emergency.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I sent my KS-5 Special in after nine years of shooting. Service was I think $350, but they had to replace the locking bar in the receiver, and mill the receiver face. Jon

15. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

I have them do my K-80 every year. It doesn't get any better than Ottsville. Braxton and the crew do a great job. Just like maintaining a vehicle. The better you treat it the longer the service life.

Jimmy

16. soup

soup Member

17. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I sent mine in after 18 months for an annual and they cleaned it and said it did not need an annual. I have been shooting them since 69 and never been dissapointed with their service.
    I never ask for fast service unless I need it and they always come thru.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.