1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Krieghoff Annual Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by APrice, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APrice

APrice Active Member

How important is the recommended annual service? My favorite Model 32 is now well over 30 years old and has only been cleaned and lubricated by me and has never given me any problem whatsoever. I'm considering having it looked at while attending the Masters...just because. Biggest potential problem I see is that I now have very little gap between top latch and barrel shoulders.

2. high 2

high 2 Member

I do quite a few annuals a year for my customers. It's hard to imagine that you haven't had a wishbone sear spring break. I don't think one needs to have it done every year, depending on how much you shoot. But if it were mine I would have it done by a good Krieghoff smith. Most of the Krieghoff problems are caused by hacks that shouldn't ever hold one, let alone take it apart. Larry

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

It would not hurt. The worst part is the wrap/ship. If you are going to be there & someone like Ottsville,DuPont or with similar quals,do it. But be specific & get a approx price before they start & what they will do for that $.
    I have 7 K's & seen them run a lot before breaking. Things just get loose or weaken.

4. 7815wayne

7815wayne Member

Sent my 32 to Ottsville for a rebuild. They rebuilt barrel lugs and reblued barrel. Excellent job with quick turn around. Trigger needed rebuilt, total cost around $700. Ready for several thousand more rounds. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.