1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

krieghoff 32 help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sean justice, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

ive owned 1 before with late serial number, found 1 for sale that id like for hunting, but has 22## serial . is there anything wrong with early guns , honestly, its a hunting gun with fixed chokes IM IC has swivel at mid hanger, wants around 1500. just not sure about early guns, loved my old one but paid around 3500 for it and put alot more moey into it, k-80 stuff.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The very early guns, thought to be within the first 1000, could have been assembled with Remington parts by Krieghoff after they acquired the rights to build the gun in the late 50s. I will stick my neck out an inch and say any 4 serial number gun beginning with a 2 will clearly be a Krieghoff made gun with upgrades from the original Rem. design. My 32 is only #919 and it has the Krieghoff internals. My smith is German and was employed by Krieghoff in Germany and he says there zero reasons to convert to K-80 parts....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Bob you made a decision for me about my 32 # 1523. Mike

4. 1oz

1oz Member

this site should explain difference . I have a serial model in the 700's that has all krieghoff parts

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good deal- from information given

if you dont want it- email me the details and contact information

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

sean, 1 oz gives you a good web site showing a picture of early guns internals with Remington parts and another picture of a Krieghoff example. There's no doubt which you have once you compare to the pictures. Also trust Gene's input on these guns.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

I have owned five 32s. As I understand it, the first five hundred were hand made from combination of Remington and Kreighoff parts. I have had two of the old guns. The triggers are different and the bbl. hangers. Many folks replaced the early triggers with the later(after 500) ones. One friend has over a half million shells through one of the old guns. They are all good, except for those early triggers.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It wasnt the first 500 and it wasnt all remington parts - some of those parts were made in Germany

It was 500 out of the first 1000

Even those guns can be updated to todays standards

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Mine is #797 and all Krieghoff. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.