1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kreigoff VS kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcenfarms, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

everyone likes the kreigoff because of the name
    ihave seen people strugle with there kreigoff
    i have only seen one person strugle with there kolar

2. tcenfarms

tcenfarms TS Member

everyone likes the kreigoff because of the name
    ihave seen people strugle with there kreigoff
    i have only seen one person strugle with there kolar

3. AZ

AZ Member

I shoot a K80 but standard Kolars are much nicer looking in standard .

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

At that level of gun building it comes down to gun fit and personal preference.

If you ever want to sell - the K-80 may move a bit quicker. That is a dumb reason to pick one over the other.

If you shoot the Kolar better that is the right gun. If the other K gun is better for you - that is the right gun.

Don

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

This one hasnt been brought up in a while.........

Forrest

6. chrisg

chrisg Member

K ind
    O f
    L ike
    A
    R emington

How's that?

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"everyone likes the kreigoff because of the name ihave seen people strugle with there kreigoff i have only seen one person strugle with there kolar"

I have seen people struggle with writing the English language, but I have only seen one person struggle with eating applesauce.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I have seen people struggle with both, and be successful with both. I like the K-32 better than the K-80, and I like the Kolar trap special, too. I think it comes down to personal preference based on your shooting style, build, experience, sight plane preference, etc.

9. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

I bought the Kolar for several reasons.. the great service they provided me when I had my 90T (and it wasnt their responsibility it was remingtons), the service others have mentioned previously on this forum. and mostly because its MADE IN AMERICA...

The last one maybe a silly reason but atleast I am attempting to do my part.

now if only we could get these crapy auto manufacturers we have here to step up to the plate...

HT

10. theodorescolt45

theodorescolt45 TS Member

Krieghoff vs Kolar ? No question in my mind ... does anyone recall that Todd bender shot one of the 2 prototype Kolars for 2 years and then went back to his krieghoff and never looked back ... I think ( sould be wrong ) that John Shima
    helped in the development of the Kolar. Kolars are a hard sell when used and do not retain their value well, most of the guns I see for sale on the BB's at the clubs I go to are Kolars and everyone I see is shooting a Perazzi or Krieghoff.
    btw-> Todd Bender got to shoot his Kolar for free and even then he used a Krieghoff !! what does that tell you ?
    JMHO
    Purdeys are nice too ( if all original )
    -oo

11. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

this is a stupid thread, the better of the two guns comes down to the person shooting it, if you shoot one better then the other, well then obviously it is better. other than that reason there is no way to say which is better

btw, i love that comment code5coupe

kyle atherton

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I, too, have seen folks that can't hit the inside wall of a barn with either gun. It's just too personal a decision to expect others to tell you what right for you. I don't know if you can get the personal fitting with a Krieghoff purchase like is possible with Kolar and that's certainly a consideration....Bob Dodd

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

To settle this once and for all I'm calling for someone to donate a new K-80, and someone else a new Kolar to me for testing...I will dilligently apply myself to give them both a very thourough and complete thrashing over several seasons to wring out every possible bug and problem and report the results to you all, my dearest friends of the trapshooting family...I offer this service out of the kindness of my heart and because its mainly just part of the wonderfulness of me...thanks will be unnecessary and we'll finally be able to crown the king of the trapguns.

P.S. ..as a gesture of gratitude y'all could send along a few flats of AA's...see Ya on the trapline!

14. finger

finger TS Member

Kolar resemble Krieghoff? You have to be kidding, right? Barrels maybe but it stops there.

The early Kolar prototype guns had K80 barrels on them. So what? I see Perazzi, Beretta and Krieghoff influences in the Kolar gun. Imagine that!

oo-be careful. Some here do know many of the facts, and its obvious you ain't one of them. It is not fair to talk about another persons business relationship, even when you do know some, many or all the details. Its none of our business. bob finger

15. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

I did something right for a change??? holy cow...lol

16. dfrank7262

dfrank7262 TS Member

"does anyone recall that Todd bender shot one of the 2 prototype Kolars for 2 years and then went back to his krieghoff and never looked back"

And now, Kevin Monteleon is shooting Bender's old Kolar, and he isn't looking back. Shot a 650x650 at the World Shoot in 2006. Not too shabby with a used gun. LOL

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ees da choice b'tveen d'Amer-i-cans and da Ger-mans. I see bot of dem guns break dem clays.

18. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I own a Krieghoff and love it but this argument over which is better Krieghoff vs Kolar is absolutely rediculous and useless........plus the fact that the original poster doesn't even know how to spell Krieghoff.

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There are a lot less parts in the Kolar Trigger, simple and effective. Kreighoff could not get their release trigger to work in their own K80-RT gums and won't even service them. They won't even put a release in a RT trigger if you send it to them. They said too much trouble with them. I know as i tried to get them to fix their RT trigger as it would pull through, they said we will put it back as a pull trigger and that is all.

You heard it from me.
    Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

"Todd Bender got to shoot his Kolar for free and even then he used a Krieghoff !! what does that tell you ?"

What it tells me, since I know Todd, is that this change had much more to do with business and personal relationships than the characteristics of one or the other gun.

I own both, I shoot the Kolar better...don't know why, but I do, but I would not ever state that I could make a claim that one gun is better than another. They are both top of the line competition quality shotguns and the prices reflect that.

Those of us fortunate enough to be able to own a $10K toy (either gun), might want to keep in mind that those who cannot would view this thread as the height of idiocy....right up there with how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff shotguns vs kolar shotguns

trapshooter kyle atherton