1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighoff KS-5

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bsekf, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsekf

bsekf Member

I am looking at a used Krieghoff KS-5 that has a release trigger and 2 barrel hangers, #1 and #6.

That do I have to do to change back to a pull trigger? and how much should it cost?

Which hanger will raise the POI?

Can I use the "forend off shake test " to check on face?

Anything else I should check?

What should the price range be?

Thanks,

Bill

2. bsekf

bsekf Member

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

1)Changing from release to pull is a matter of removing the release hook from the gun's action, which is not a horribly challenging job. The trigger may need adjusting afterwards, and that is always best performed by a gunsmith unless you know what you're doing witha a gun's lockwork.

2)The lower the hanger number, the higher the gun will shoot. Hangers range from #0 to #9.

3)If you mean checking the action for excessive looseness, I suppose that would tell you something, but KS/KX-5s have tension placed on the nose of the receiver and the forend latch metal by the forend iron, so it may not be a conclusive test.

3)Is the top lever slightly to the right of center when the action is closed? Is the rib straight and not bent? Has the barrel been checked with a bore micrometer to see if the bore and choke are unaltered? (Krieghoff fixed chokes are marked on the barrel with an alpha-numeric code - "K3" is I/M, "K4" is Full - and the bore diameter should be no larger than .730".)

4)That depends upon the gun's condition and you should refer to a good gun value guide.

Those guns are all but unbreakable and will give you many years of good service if cared for properly.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.