1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighoff ks-5 and kx-5 info needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BDodd, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The KS-5 came out with no adjustability features where the KS-5 Special has adjustable comb, rib, trigger let off and trigger poundage, and choke tubes. The KX-5 is the same as the KS-5 Special but the forearm is removed with a release button at the muzzle end instead of the bottom release of the earlier gun and I belive there is a difference in the engraving. All three are quite simple with few moving parts and little to go wrong. I'd say that none of the differences were to make one particularly "improved:" as in "made safer or more efficient".....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

2. g36

g36 Member

My KS-5 is completely adjustable, Comb, Rib and Trigger

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Actually Bob, KS-5 Specials were fixed choke guns with tubes as an option. I had two Specials, one first-design and one second-design, without tubes. The KX-5 is/was tubes only.

Another improvement on the KX-5 was the inclusion of a K-80 trigger shoe. It is a lot wider and more curved than the KS-5 item and is also adjustable for position (I don't think the KS-5's trigger was but I could be having a memory lapse). Otherwise, the two guns are, as you said, pretty much identical.

Ed

4. 3357

3357 Member

I believe the KX-5 has a heat treated/hardened reciever and the KS-5 does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.