1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighoff K-8- ACS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

I looked at a K-80 ACS model at my dealer yesterday, and it looked interesting. The concept of one gun for all three clay target sports is enticing, but can such a gun really be built, or does such a gun have too many compromises to work well in the three disciplines? Anyone shoot one of these K-80s, and what is your enperience? Thanks for your input.

2. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

Their point of impact range is slightly lower on the ribs adjustment, thats the only difference.

3. JGS

JGS Member

TTT

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I have the ProSporter, in 32" O/U length, with adjustable comb, and I have no issues shooting it at sporting clays, skeet, or trap.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

The ACS and the others like it are as they claim...very good for all games. They can easily be set up for each.

Here is the problem for me with these guns: I like my trap gun to shoot about 8" high @ 40 yds (80%) and my sporting gun to shoot flat. So, I would have to change the comb and rib every time I shoot each game and reset it precisely to the previous position. In real life it just doesn't work as smoothly as this. As good as it sounds on paper......................

Mark

p.s. I shoot a CG Impact combo. One of those that make the same claim as the ACS. I picked the Impact due to it having a slightly lower rib than the pure trap version, not to switch between games. I can tell you this...I finally got it adjusted to how I like it and NO WAY I am changing it every few days. I shoot a different gun for sporting.

6. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Couldn't the front rib adjustment be made to have enough adjustment so that the comb could remain in the same position for all games?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.