1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighoff K-32 What do you guys think????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Justinosen, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

Picking up this firearm tomorrow. One of a kind engraving its a 1959 K-32 Engraved in Germany. Im tring to get info on engraver, any Ideas? Kreighoff lost document in a fire I think back years and years ago..This gun is not for sale it is one of a kind, I have owned Perazzi's other Kreighoff's, Belgian Browning's etc all engraved, and the nice part of theis firearm is that it dosn't look like anyone else's gun, meaning like a perazzi gargoil, goddess of the hunt, k-80 game scenes etc, with those guns if you miss one you can always get another one like it. This firearm you cannot. Sorry the pictures do-not do this firearm justice. I will take better ones in a few days. Just want to hear input. Thanks
    Your Fellow Shooter Justin

justinosen_2011_231144.jpg

justinosen_2011_231145.jpg

justinosen_2011_231146.jpg

justinosen_2011_231147.jpg

justinosen_2011_231148.jpg

justinosen_2011_231149.jpg

justinosen_2011_231150.jpg

justinosen_2011_231151.jpg

justinosen_2011_231152.jpg

justinosen_2011_231153.jpg

justinosen_2011_231154.jpg

2. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

What is the serial number range of that and are you sure it was made in 1959?

Gene

3. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

Serial 700 exact

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looks like Gino Cargnal's work. Jeff

5. fnj682

fnj682 Member

That is a beautiful gun. It doe appear to be an upgraded Remington Krieghoff. It still has the original Remington type barrel with flat side diamond posts. The engraving does appear to be that of the late Gino Cargnal. Not a factory gun, but still a very nice gun to look at.

6. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

And it says Krieghoff on it somewhere?

Gene

7. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

fantastic shotgun!! Wonderful buy!!

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

I think it's beautiful and i'm jealous. Mike.

9. APrice

APrice Well-Known Member

Maybe Kreighoff and Krieghoff are different animals?

10. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

Sorry for spelling Krieghoff wrong in the add "APrice" people like you that have nothing to do but knock a guy that tries to show people stuff, thats kinda rude. Please dont be the guy that comes up to my 150K 38 Cigarette Top Gun and askes how fast is it, I say Low 80's, then you go telling me you have a 17 foot bass boat with a 250 Merc that will do 90 and you only paid 15K for it.

Serial number was trace back to being a Krieghoff k32 standard grade, I will take better pics to show the markings. What do you guys think this gun is worth? Even know its not for sale.

The guy I bought it from is a good friend of mine he owns alot of engraved guns, like a hand full of parkers, Perazzi's, K-32's and K-80's. He also has old 32's all engraved. Hes is the one that owned this gun for awhile and he belongs to a few clubs like pakers club, old shotguns etc. He was told by a few engravers at the shot shows that it was more then likeyly engraved in germany that maybe a U.S. service man stationed over there brought it to the states. I wasnt in the market at the time, I currenty have a Diana Browning for hunting and a perazzi MX2000 R/S Trap. So I will just shoot this gun in skeet, it has 28 inch barrels with Briely thinwalls. Im just going to enjoy it.

11. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

Was Gino Cargnal's work good? I know my Diana was engraved by M.Bodson and the browning historian said Bodson was on of the better engravers that did work for browning.

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The gun is exquisite. Enjoy it.

What I find interesting is the tail carriage of the Setter depicted on the left side of the receiver. The erect tail is the modern look of Setters and Pointers. In most guns, even relatively modern ones, the tails are extended at the level of the dog's back. Perhaps this gives a clue as to the date of the engraving.

13. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

My question really was- are there Krieghoff marks(proof or name) on it or Remington proof marks?

The pins arent the correct size and location for either a Remington or a very early Krieghoff but they have been known to re weld receivers and then cnc the inside prior to engraving.

How do you know it isnt a Remington with a different trigger?

I like the engraving by the way

Gene

14. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Even if it was a Remington (which I doubt) i'm jealous, it is a fine gun. Mike.

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Looking at this beautiful gun further, I must comment of the woodwork. The wood and the checkering do justice to such a treasure. Again, enjoy it!

I have a 3200 which I had engraved with images of my dogs done from photos I took in the field. Thos great dogs are now gone but they live on, engraved in steel!

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Birdogs, lets see a pic of that gun. Mike.

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I'll try to take some, Mike.

18. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Please dont be the guy that comes up to my 150K 38 Cigarette Top Gun and askes how fast is it, I say Low 80's, then you go telling me you have a 17 foot bass boat with a 250 Merc that will do 90 and you only paid 15K for it.

I LOVE IT

19. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

Boxbirder
    You have to agree with me. I work hard for the things I have no-one ever gave me anything. I had a paycheck job at a gun club when I was 13 and at 34 years old with these kinda toy's people always have something to say.

20. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

I just talked to Mr. Baughman sent him pictures to Krieghoff international he confirmed it is a K-32 100%. Just to let you know. As for engraving He thinks it's Gino Cargnal's work with the 2 color reciever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gino cargnel engraver

krieghoff k 32 shotgun gino carnelli
krieghoff shotguns engraved by gino cargnel
what does a kreighoff munchen grade shotgun look like