1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighoff Barrel Fitting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200

3200 TS Member

As a general rule, how much fitting is needed to take a set of O/U barrels from a K80 or 32 and fit them to another K80 or 32? WHo might you suggest accomplish this work?

2. Andy Ott

Andy Ott Guest

3200,I just had a bbl. fitted by Clay target sports in New Jersey and to do it rite it takes about a half hour,I would recomend them to anyone,they do great work.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The general rule is that the barrel fit, fore end fit, and the top latch fit should be perfect, the odds are against this happenening unless the gun is fitted by an experienced gunsmith. HMB

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good chance of needing no fitting unless parts have been worn out or abused in some way

but some dont fit when new -- however they are always close

the real danger is some local gunsmith previously screwed something up and took metal off where it shouldnt have been removed- it may never fit

Try PAT ------ http://www.patsgunrepair.com/

Pat's Gun Repair
    495 9th Street SW
    Wells, MN 56097-1424

Phone: (507) 553-5730
    Fax: (507) 553-3657
    Toll Free: (866) 414-2873
    email@patsgunrepair.com

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

One thing to add that I hope never happens to anybody but due to people trying barrels back and forth I have seen two different guys have to break forearms on their guns to get them off. A little explanation, on some swaps you can have the forend latch just barely clear and go on ,but not be able to get it back off. The one minute it takes to remove the two screws and take the wood off the forend iron will prevent having to break the forend to get it off because with the wood removed you can get to the back of the latch to assist in getting it back off. I know some guys will say they have done it a 1000 times and no trouble. I personally have swaped and fitted a boxcar load and only seen it happen twice but not to me. One guy was looking at some of my used barrels and asked to try one on his gun and I said let me take the wood off,he said it will be fine and before I could insist he put it on that was the second one and he had to use a chisel to break the forend . I just hope that it will save someone the learning experience. Jeff

6. 3200

3200 TS Member

Can the barrels from a 32 be put on a K80 or vice verse?

Additionally, I've seen several posts concerning Kreighoff 32 that indicate that the gu has had "K80 upgrades". Exactly what goes into the 32 to K80 upgrade?

7. 3200

3200 TS Member

Bob, thanks for the insight. Very helpful. After handling both the 32 and K80 this weekend, the K80 has a better feel - handling. Must be the palm swell and/or 'beefier' stock. The 32 has a better feel at the wallet though 8>)

Any idea what the K80 trigger guard goes for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.