1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighof KX-6

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Has anybody shot it yet?

blade819

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I did at the Grand yesterday. Not for me. Felt good to shoulder it in their vendor shop. Then when i went out and shot 50 thru it, just didn't feel right swinging thru the target. Felt whippy and light to me. Its just different than what i'm used to i suppose. V10's dad from on here bought one at the Grand and was gonna shoot it for Wednesday's Clay Target Championship. PM him. I'm sure after 200 rounds thru it he will have better feedback than me.

grntitan_2009_2503202.jpg

3. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

I bought one at the Grand shot a 93 in HC first time out but Kolar fixed my combo and i like a combo better i will sell it it has a factory release and titanium chokes upgrade i also had it ported at this shoot paid 5795.00 will take 5250.00

4. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Whats with the wood? The ones I looked at all looked the same. GaryL.

5. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I'll shoot one tomorrow.

blade819

6. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

One of the sales guys at Hal DuPonts told me the stocks have a simulated painted grain then a clear coat finish applied over it. He wasn`t sure how it was done.

Supposed to make the stock look expensive. They all appeared to have the same pattern with only minor differences.

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Nice job porting that new gun! That ought to help sell it! Tom Rhoads

8. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

smoke-um ,don't you learn anything from reading these threads? come on . good luck selling your ported gun.

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

You Guy's are Going too Love This One.... What Do You Say To The Guy..That's Gun.. is Wearing A Fake Stock..L.O.L. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm struggling with the idea of Krieghoff using a dipped stock on any of their guns. If the price had come in at what I was told early-on - $4,200 - maybe but even then, I'd be surprised.

But they do all seem to look alike. I can't recall what the wood was like in the photos of one I saw last spring.

Ed

11. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

I've been looking at a new Perazzi for around 11K. Can't get the dealer to budge on it. I'll give smoke-um 10K to have him buy it for 11K (no porting though) and I'll save him the time and hassle of posting it.

12. freeheel

freeheel TS Member

That's too bad, a color engineered stock on a high end gun. Maybe I can special order one in Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity color? Shoot it in the rain and mud. Maybe even a slug barrel could be had. ;-)

13. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

It's Very Sad...High End Gun Company..Entry Grade Gun. Just saw a Ad for Benz with Vinyl Seats and Crank-up Windows..Very Sad State of Affairs. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

14. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Not sure what Kreighof is thinking here but if I'm spending 5 to 6 grand I want real wood, the 2 I saw on Gunbroker from 2 different dealers looked exactly the same.

The KX-5's had some pretty decent wood on them and are a pretty good gun, don't know why Kreighof would not just continue to put KX-5 grade wood on the KX-6.

JohnR

15. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

What in the heck were they thinking? I don't see how this gun will sell the way it is now.GaryL.

16. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Come on guys, keep bad mouthing it some more. Maybe they will lower the price some. LOL

17. KS user

KS user TS Member

Absolute disapointment from Krieghoff.I never imagined that a company,withso much history,of making good some of the best trap,sporting,skeet guns ever made would produce such a gun.Very much under exspectation.

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm not allowed to say what I think. Krieghoff is watching!!

19. KS user

KS user TS Member

Good.Maybe they will reconsider this decision.

20. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I looked at it at the grand. It was a disappointment. A redesigned rib with more wedge would probably bring the KX-5 into the 100 to 120% poi range and some Wenig wood would have helped tame the recoil. With those two modifications, the KX-5 would have had all the updates that it needed, and that gun would be worth $6,000.00 as a MSRP, maybe more if there were options on the grade of wood. The KX-6 looks and feels like a toy to me. When a gun has fake wood grain coating on the wood, one can assume it must be low grade wood underneath. I was let down to see a single bar ejector. I have never found a hull that my KX-5 wouldn't eject and I think it is the best one of any. Krieghoff appears as though they have "Corporate America-ized" or "China-ized" its product with this one. Build a lesser product and charge the same or more. In my opinon the KX-6 would not satisfy the artisians and craftsmen that designed and built the Ulm shotgun and the Model 32's. If it has truly become too expensive to manufacter the quality of the guns that Krieghoff has in the past, whether it be cost of labor, materials or the difference in value of the Euro vs. the American dollar, and this is the best they can do for about $5,000.00, then I guess this all we can expect.

However if Krieghoff would consider doing what I suggest, they could sell new guns as well as an upgrade package to existing KX-5 owners. It seems that it would have been less difficult to cut a new rib for the KX-5 and make a deal with Wenig for machine inletted stocks that could have kept the KX-5 modern and within the cost of production that would keep it in the price range I noted. However, I am not in the manufacturing business, and I am speculating on that issue. It seems as though Krieghoff could sell a new higher poi rib to existing KX-5 owners and wood sets configured to higher rib that would help recoup the cost of tooling. There may be high profit margin in those, as accessories typically have high mark up.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.