1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kreighof Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zelmo96, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

I just bought a very nice used KX-5. I am very happy so far. The manual was not with it and I could not find out what the numbers on the ckokes correspond to. I have a # 2,3,4. Any help would be great. Thanks, Al

2. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

#2 Modified

#3 Improved Modified

#4 Full

The Krieghoff website lists this information. I would pattern my gun anyway as that information will be more reliable and useful to you than what is stamped on a choke tube. You can also download a manual for your gun from the Krieghoff site.

3. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Thanks. I did pattern the #3 choke and it was really good. I shot a round of 16's and crushed them all. I shot some caps from 24 yards and had good breaks also. I didn't have time to do too much but was curious on the chokes. Thanks again, Al

4. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Hey Big Al - How you going to shoot doubles with that damn thing?

Al

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Do the major choke manufacturers (Briley, COMP-N-Choke, etc.)sell extended chokes for the KX-5? The only ones I see listed say Krieghoff. Does that mean that the chokes are the same for a KX-5 as a K-80?

Thanks,

Kevin

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Al, all the foolin' around I did with those same three chokes led me to use the #3, Imp.Mod., for everything from 16 to 26 yards with reliable success. Give yours a chance to prove itself.......Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.