1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Komifornia

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by turbobike, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbobike

turbobike Member

I just don't know how you guys can even live in that communist state.

They're coming for all your guns now, not just handguns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504383_162-20001885-504383.html

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I just hope they all don't relocate to Idaho.

3. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Hey give some of us a break will you! I grew up in this state and things used to be great in the 60's and early 70's but then what was known as the Bay Area Urbanization started.
    They started moving into the central valley from the gay bay and brought with them thier gay bay way's.It used to be like the midwest where I lived,You could go fish and hunt just about anywhere with zero problems.Now these idiots have ruined it so some people are just trying to escape to another state that isn't infected.
    A new law goes into effect soon that alot of people aren't even aware of,No more lead for fishing!! Sinkers,Anchors,Downrigger weights etc.The liberal pukes are ruining everything and will continue to eat away at what we have left So I can see several reason's why people want to get the hell out of here.

4. 4xFergi

4xFergi Member

Could not agree more with the original poster. Wife and I are just waiting for our last kid to finish High School and were out of this dump.

5. NANK

NANK TS Member

My brother and parents have moved out of Cali, never to return, except to visit me. I, however can not go anywhere yet, because I own a business here. When I do move I was thinking Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc. They moved to Arizona and think its great. Near Glenn Avery so I like it.

What is the response from those states to Cali residents that move to get out from under California rule?

Ken

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Most Californians spread the ruin. I wish you guys would heal yourselves and keep your citizens instead of spreading them around.

Don't you guys know "there's gold in them thar hills!"

7. NANK

NANK TS Member

Does it make any difference if I am a conservative Republican. For low taxes, minimal gov't and the freedom to do what I want without being monitored by big brother?

California is just one example of how our freedoms are being taken from us, other states always follow. I pay way too much in taxes to support way too many that do not work and take the handouts from the gov't, as if they earned them.

We have to vote out the liberals that want to redistribute wealth and follow the Marxist ideas that do nothing but destroy nations; and vote in fiscally responsible elected officials. Maybe that will help get this country pointed in the "right" direction.

JMO

Ken

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

I beleave that a lot of California's problems come from other places/states. They are here now and are called Californians, and the state gets the RAP for them. They came here for work/weather, and now have run us down. The California/countys are driving out the businsses, with taxes, and regulations, leaving all the "missfits" to be called Californians. I have been here too long to move (everything is ALL MINE and paid for), and I don't think I could sell, and move and live on what I could get for things. Besides my wife could not take the cold of Colo, MT, or ID. Sorry, but that is my $.02 worth, and my story and I am stickin' to it.
    Norman

9. MEF

MEF TS Member

Most of the liberal bs comes from the heavily urbanized areas of California. Most of those people seem to have migrated here from other states. There are still some of us grassroots farmers that exist here and till the soil so the rest of you ungrateful naysayers can eat and deride us. Don't worry about me moving to your windblown/freezing states, I'll stay here and fight for my rights.

10. SBray

SBray Active Member

I have lived in California since '67, minus the time spent in military service. I have seen the state go down hill with the liberal welfare mentality.

California once attracted many people from other states because of the job market. Now the masses have come to the state for the entitlement programs, which are second to none.

It is sicking to know that this was once the most productive farming country in the world. Hunting and fishing were plentiful.

Unfortunately many thousands of acres of prime farming land has been turned into asphalt, apartments, and fast food businesses.

I would move but have to stay for reasons mentioned by others, and besides, I am not one to give up and let them get their way.

JMHO,

Steve

11. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I'm a native Californian and I've hated this place for as long as I can remember.I would've left years ago, but my husbands business is here (he's a native as well) and all of his work is done via word of mouth. I won't ask him to start over just because I don't want to live here.

Please keep in mind that not all Californians are liberals and that there is a huge demographic that wants to keep our guns, keep gov't out of our lives, reduce taxes and not increase welfare, just for starters.

Those of you who don't live here, quit bitching about this State. Everytime you put up another rant, you insult the group of us who do live here and are trying our best to live amongst the stupidity and idiots. I don't insult you or your state and would appreciate the same in return.

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

California for better or worse is the best example of the so called 'melting pot' that is occuring in the U.S. The weather brings in many from other countries to settle here. The general exceptence people find here as new Americans is one large reason they come here upon immigrating. On top of that is the VERY generous alotment the Ca. government has made available to those that don't wish to find a job or participate in the work environment. About 10 years ago a study was done that found that a single woman with two kids was given about 40,000 a year in compensation from the state government to make her way through life. This is if she applied for all the benefits available to her at the time. At about the same time the county that represents the Redwood City area did a look at all the people who had sponsered other family members into the county. They found that most of the sponsered people ( like gramp and grams ) were collecting about 800 bucks a month on average and living at the home of the sponser. Not a bad thing at first look. But, what was occuring was the sponser would have multiple family members at the place of residence and the state was in the end flipping the bill for the mortgage/rent, food and other things. Inotherwords, we the people were paying for them to live here almost for free. Once the county did what they should have been doing all along they found something like 99% of all the people sponsering were commiting a crime. I'd like to tell you that people saw jail time for this....but we all know it didn't happen. JKP

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I spent the biggest part of my working career living and working in several different areas of CA. I love the state of CA but I sure hate their politics and taxes! Some of the finest people I know still live there today and vote for bettering the state! I wish them success.

Hap

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, we need some pro-gun conservatives to move up here. And there are some good real estate deals here right now. My wife is a real estate broker, and geez, you should see the lists of nice properties that are going begging.

15. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Browning, I take your point, but you have to see it from the other side too. A lot of people can't understand why folks with some degree of common sense would stay where they're so seriously outnumbered by those lacking it. I'm a native Oregonian, moved to CA in the mid-80's for several reasons, and lasted 10 years. I was never so happy as the day I got the chance to move north and escape. There is a long list of things I really liked about California, but the ultra-liberal politicians of So. CA and the Bay Area just ruined the rest of the state. I figure I'm only going to live so long, and I'll be damned if I'm going to live like that. You have to pick your battles.

16. NANK

NANK TS Member

I am glad to see there are some like minded people still wiling to try and fix California. Next election I am not voting for one incumbent and placing my vote for the most conservative candidate on the ballet. Of course I will try and influence my wife, kids, friends, anyone I know that is tired of the liberal way. I can not wait to see how many in the congress and senate get fired this Nov., with an approval rating of 17% you would think every one up for reelection would be replaced.Please vote, I have had enough of Palosi, Boxer, Feinstein Reed, etc.

Ken

17. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Brian, when did the welcome mat come out for Californian's to move to Oregon? Having lived in Oregon (many years ago), I remember the sign (directed at Californian's) that said "Welcome to Oregon, now go home. I know alot of retired California shooters have moved to Oregon...I'm a long way to retirement.

No5shooter - you made a choice to return to your home state. I appreciate that. I'm in my home state (as much as I dislike it). Quite frankly, the "grass" is not always greener on the other side and it makes no sense to move to another state that has the same problems (taxes, no jobs, etc). We live here because we either love it or have to (for whatever reason). The stupidity of our State Gov't is our burden to bear, not yours. We have the power to change it, you don't. 'Nuf said.

18. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I've been in CA since 1959 less the military. Jobs kept me here. Even in NorCal, which is actually fairly gun friendly, the situation is to the point where I'm on my way out. I retired a couple years ago and I'm off to AZ as soon as I can manage.
    Really too bad what has happened here. When I came here the place was the greatest ever. Now it's almost as stupid as Great Britain and working on it. And, sadly, I'm sure it is past redemption. Can you imagine the riots if rational entitlements were enacted?

Ah, well - adios CA

Charlie

19. SBray

SBray Active Member

I agree with those that think that the only way to attempt to resolve the political problems of California and the rest of the country is to vote out all of the liberals in both parties and replace them with representatives that will vote for what the people want and not some personal agenda.

I have written to Pelosi, Boxer, Schwarzenegger, and Feinstein many times and found that, each and every time, I receive a response that pretty much says, "Thanks for expressing your opinion, now go about your business because I am going to do what I want and continue to promote whatever beliefs I have". In other words, your opinions don't matter to me and my fellow irresponsible elected officials. It is a waste of time. The only thing they are going to listen to is the number of votes they do not get after having been replaced by someone that is not part of the problem.

JMHO,

Steve

20. NANK

NANK TS Member

Steve,

I agree 100%. I have as well written, called, and e-mailed to all of my different representatives and received the same response. Basically, for me to mind my own business and quit bothering them. So, I will mind my business and vote them out. Lets hope others will vote the same way.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.