1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

KOLAR'S NEW TA MAX

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mx2005, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

gll: hi I read the above entry and if i may ask why did you not like the mx 2005 over the kolar and the K80 TS if you could let me know i would be open for any advise. thanks pat

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Bernie Boy, I just had to respond. I picked up a new MAX T/A about 3 weeks ago and you know me, I'm a K-80 man and I liked my 2000 but I threw all of them in the pile when I got the T/A..Go get yourself one. Why did I choose the T/A over the MX2005??? I got a better deal. Try Doug Wolk, up you way. You have got to have one Bernie, take my word for it.
    Don

3. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

gll if you guys have any comment on the mx2005 post it thanks

4. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Hi does anyone have any in put on the mx2005 you guys are talking about it I just needed some pros and cons about the gun, and why the other thread above choosed the max t/a. The only opinion that i can offer is you see alot more perazzis and krieghoff winning then any other. pat

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

After 4 years of shooting a MX-2000 RS I just switched to a Kolar T/A Max. I have been playing around with it for about 3 months and finally had some nice weather at Myrtle Grove Plantation G.C. and my home club, Buncombe Co., to shoot it enough to make an intelligent (using the word loosely in my case) decision. The Kolar is just easier to shoot. Less recoil, points great, choke tubes throw great patterns with my favorite doubles ammo. My P-gun has a Precision Trigger (double release) and a Precision fit stock with the Ultimate fit comb. I can shoot the Kolar with the out-of-the-box stock and factory release triggers. I asked the Kolar folks to set the bottom barrels 3 inches higher than the top and I set the rib to shoot high ... around 90/10 in the bottom and 80/20 in the top. Seems to be working for me so far. I have found that the comb has to come up pretty far for me ... I shoot a high stock anyway, and had to put the tall posts in the adjustable comb. I'm thinking that maybe the factory might address this with another stock with a high comb for the high POI shooters, I'll talk to them about it and get back to the post.

As a Kolar dealer (No they don't give us one.) I am so impressed by the customer service department at Kolar. They have bent over backwards for me and my customers time after time. With a few notable exceptions ( Seitz, Caesar Guerini, DeVault for example) you just can't get better customer service. I asked for triggers set up a certain way and they were happy to do it. Same with POI and choke tube selection.

As for the single barrel... I have not had enough time to evaluate it and I'm shooting my Silver Seitz well. I think once I get the doubles gun where I want it I'll shoot the unsingle a bit and see how it does at 27 yards. If it works there I might give it a go as well.

Overall I would recomend shooting one if you get the chance. If I'm at a shoot you can shoot mine if you like. I have the pull/pull parts and will put them in if the releases are not your cup of tea. WARNING: You probably will like this gun! Yes, they are pricey...most real quality guns are. Judging by Kolar's previous guns you only will have to spend the money once though, they are built like a tank and should last a couple of lifetimes!

Please email me or feel free to call if you have any questions about the Kolar. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329s

P.S. My 34" Perazzi MX-200 RS, Allor bores and chokes, precision Trigger, Precision fit stock is going up for sale. I figure I've shot about 30,000 targets with it. Call me if you are interested.

RDS

6. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Bob: thanks for the input I knew that the Kolar would be a hit I liked it when I seen it I felt just by picking both guns up the mx2005 fit better just like you was saying about the Kolar the stock fit almost perfect so i did purchase the p gun thank you very much pjk

7. Tatanka Donk

Jack, You are right.. The O/U is a good all around barrel and points very well. I have brought my double average from the low 80's to the high 80's in just two weeks of shooting the chain in Florida. The Kolar double release is very smooth and is adjustable for length of pull. I must admit that I shot the MX2005 and tried to buy one but the dealing was better on the Kolar. Bernie, Thanks for asking.Hope to see you soon. Don

8. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Don, I'm glad to hear your hooting well!!!. Kolar T/A Max's we've delivered so far are performing well, everyone is experiencing a average increase. Shotgun Specialties will again be at the Southern Grand, PVA Shoot and Florida State shoot with all 3 guns in stock so you can do the comparison, Kolar T/A combo's,
    Perazzi MX2005 combo's and Krieghoff's Trap Special. We'll have ample supply of all 3 and we'd appreciate you if you'd stop by and take a look. I love to wheel and deal, I'm sure we can put something together!
    We will be in our normal location for the March shoots, by the road, next to the GMC Truck display. Everyone have a safe trip down, 16 days and counting....Doug @ SGS

9. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Can we see a picture of the Kolar ????????????????????

10. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Sorry Don, we all know you hoot, but I meant shoot

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Let's see if this works. Kolar, finally, has some information on their web site about the MAX. Bill Malcolm

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

MIA: Are you saying no one else is innovative? What about the Beretta auto break open? (can't remember the Model) That looks like real innovation to me. Talk about thinking outside the box.

13. Robb

Robb Member

Nothing against Kolar but JI Case put Racine on the map.

14. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

MIA: by the thread you wrote I take it you like the perazzi better and can you tell me what you shoot, I bought a mx 2005 because the fit of the stock and i wanted a gun with a High rib and a detachable trigger I have to say the fit was the real reason.The bead lined right up and the open and free area around the barrel no obstruction of the house or target. pat.

15. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

MIA: I will let you know when I get it set up and start shooting it and how I feel with it. I think the way it feels it should work out fine.Thanks pat

16. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

from etchen's website

17. tj303

tj303 Member

How does the rib height (above the barrel) of the Max compare to the T/S?

18. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Here is a picture of my T/A Max. In order to shoot the gun in the high POI I like I had to put the high posts in the adjustable comb. I like a fair amount of drop at the heel so this arrangement works fine.

I talked to John Ramagli at Kolar about this and plans are in the works for a higher comb stock for those folks who are going to shoot a higher POI and don't like the gap or the tall posts.

Bob Schultz

19. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

Where can you get the taller posts? I just got a T/A and I need the taller ones.

20. Tatanka Donk

Call John at Kolar.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.