1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hitapair, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Times are tough everywhere.

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

If the gun was under warranty, and hadn't been "modified", I would argue with them that this was a manufacturing or design defect and expect them to fix it for free. This doesn't sound like Kolar. I've only heard good things about them...and I own a Kolar. What did they do to "fix" it?
    WNCRob

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Ronnie, S/N 01774, what year manufactured?

Is the gun still under factory warranty?

Tom

4. jls7522

jls7522 Member

It is always inpossible to know if the gun sat on someones shelf for a while or if they get out of order on the S/N's....

That said, mine is 2362 and is going on 5 years old.

The shipping seems fair and is hard to avoid. Do you know if they did an annual on it as well?

Justin

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Mine was made in August this year and the Serial # is 295X. I'd call Jeff Mainland and see what he says. Bill Malcolm

6. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

If the gun was under warranty, and hadn't been "modified", I would argue with them that this was a manufacturing or design defect and expect them to fix it for free. This doesn't sound like Kolar. I've only heard good things about them...and I own a Kolar. What did they do to "fix" it?
    WNCRob

7. TjayE

TjayE Member

Ronnie, S/N 01774, what year manufactured?

Is the gun still under factory warranty?

Tom

8. jls7522

jls7522 Member

It is always inpossible to know if the gun sat on someones shelf for a while or if they get out of order on the S/N's....

That said, mine is 2362 and is going on 5 years old.

The shipping seems fair and is hard to avoid. Do you know if they did an annual on it as well?

Justin

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Mine was made in August this year and the Serial # is 295X. I'd call Jeff Mainland and see what he says. Bill Malcolm

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

my buddies kolar is 203X, and he got his in september or october 04, so 1774 is probably long out of warranty.

How many rounds on that ejector (if they were out of time, probably alot, i put probably 50k shells on a kolar gun I bought used before they lost their timing)? Steel or brass based shells? Kolar quoted me $125/side for new ejectors @ the grand, don't know if that included fitting or not though.

Another thought. Did this gun have the older style ejectors, or the new lift-than-throw ejectors? The reason I ask, is its possible that if they were older, they may have needed to put new ejectors on both barrels, retrofitting to new style, which may also require a minor mod to the forend wood.

As far as shipping, they usually send stuff 2nd day I think unless otherwise specified. Give them your UPS account #, and tell them to ship ground next time.

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, Perhaps... But with labor rates at $100 to $150 an hour these days I can see where a 'smith investigated, refitted, filed,and refitted again, then tested at the indoor range and then wrote a ticket and put in an hours work (or more). The $48 bucks was a lot of insurance as well as the item and how fast you wanted it returned. Not many shooters will say "no hurry", so likely that delvy charge was warranted too.

Tax. We have a pelt collection station here n town. This time of year he has a stack of pelts that will be 15 feet long, 4 feet wide and 3 feet high. Nice looking stuff. Not that ratty old deer hid stuff. I could stop and find out wht those are if you like.

Jack

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Call Jeff or John at Kolar at 262-554-0800 and talk to them about it. These are the very best people in this business and their service is second to none.

13. lancelot

lancelot Member

I had some issues with the the new, Kolar combo I picked up at the Grand last year. I have needed to send the gun to the factory a couple of times. The problems were taken care of under the warranty, and the Kolar folks were sorry for my problems, and could not have been nicer.

Ron Ireland

14. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Taxidermy,

Did you call the factory and ask for an explanation before you posted this thread?

15. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I too have a Kolar. The only time I have shell sticking problems are when I shoot steel cased shells. For some reason, the Top Gun shells tend to stick, so I just stick to a quality shell and eliminate sticking problems. Kolar has been extremely good to me and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a quality firearm. Dale

16. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

bobby threads like this is are good thing . I don,t think anyone will think less of Kolar for it . Anything be it a gun or car or whatever will need service from time to time . No one knows how much this Kolar has been shot or how well it has been cared for but it does look like an older gun . A guess is Kolar went over this gun and it is now like new . Lets see $238.00 for a like new Kolar (kind of cheap) .

ALF

17. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Taxidermy,

Just about everyone that has responded has very positive things to say about Kolar, their products, service and integrity. As asked previously, have you spoken to them about this? Have you learned what work was done? Also, its a fac that some brands of guns handle the steel-based hulls better than others. Have you discovered whether what Kolad did has solved your problem with these cheaper shells?

Talk to them. I'm sure they want to solve your problem in a fair and equitable manner.

WNCRob

18. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I don't understand this.I have a Kolar I bought new and went to the factory and got fitted.It started machine gunning on doubles.Pete Mcall<(spelling?) fixed this no charge.The year before the Grand moved from Ohio, Kolar went all through it.I asked Jeff how much do I owe.His answer get out of here and go shoot.

Bocephas

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

"I also don't think I should have to call to get answers".

Then you are not going to get many of your questions answered..now are you?

20. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Ronnie,did you pay the bill,or did your son pay the bill?

Bocephas