1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cowsranchers, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowsranchers

cowsranchers TS Member

Any body had trouble with O/U shooting both barrels at once , this is a like new combo .

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

call kolar @ 262-554-0800 and ask to speak w/ Keith Sprangers. He designed the trigger, and can help you out. The kolar triggers work perfectly right out of the box for 95% of shooters, but those 5% who have problems either experience the 2nd trigger not setting (trigger reset too slow), or doubling/fan-firing (trigger resetting too fast). Also, you said like new, did you purchase this gun new or used? If used, theres always the possibility someone monkeyed w/ the triggers. My guess is your holding the gun loosely to your shoulder, and/or shooting handicap-level loads which is exaserbating the problem. This is usually a 5 min fix @ kolar to change out the block that dictates reset speed. My friend had to have his changed to reset faster, i had to have mine set to reset slower (or maybe it was the other way around, i don't remember, it was a LONG time ago LOL).

At any rate, don't despair, help is only a phone call away.

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

cowsranchers, yes and mine was new.

Took to Pete Mcall and he fixed it in about ten minutes.

He said it had the wrong number on a part in it.

For the life of me I can't remember what he called it.

There will be someone on here can tell you.

No problems since,going on four years.

Good Luck

Bo

4. skeet_man

bo- the part you and I are talking about that needs to be swapped out is one in the same. my kolar trigger schematic calls it a mainspring keeper, but i think it goes by another name.

5. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

What do you use to clean your gun with??

38-01615

6. cowsranchers

cowsranchers TS Member

Gun was shot as new - trigger was light oiled - cleand in new parts cleaner , shot dry , same results . Gun fires both barrels - and has a slow lock time . Sending it to Kolar tomarrow . Thank every one

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Aren't their triggers mechanical and not inertial? Why would they have to be "set"?

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I switched barrel selector and the gun doubled. I was told to open gun after changing barrel selector.
    Good idea to send to Kolar.

Joe Woods/Ontario

9. skeet_man

claybrdr- It is not so much of a "set" as a "reset", in that the trigger needs to move the part that trips the sears over from one side of the trigger to another.

sorry, this is not a good explaination, but its the best i could come up w/ quickly before I head back to work

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

I experienced the double pow phenomena at the NC State Shoot in 2006. It seems that I had been applying too much earl when I cleaned the gun.

Mr. Johnson as we like to call him took the trigger out and removed the excess "monkey lube" from the mechanism.

It hasn't duplicated the experience since that time!!

38-01615

Now let's see some lead downrange!

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

at those prices, inertia triggers are a ripoff!!

12. jethro

jethro TS Member

My sporting clays model fan fired for me too once in a while. It only did it when shooting sporting clays(shooting at an over head target). I cleaned the trigger and got too much oil on it then it fan fired every time. I sent the trigger group back to Kolar and they installed an inertia block. This would slow the trigger down so it would not reset for the second shot so fast. This small delay would prevent the gun from bouncing off your shoulder and the trigger hitting your finger causing the second barrel to also fire. This all happens in a fraction of a second making it seem like both barrels fire at the same time.This up date has solved the problem for me . I just sent in my trigger group and got it back in a week. No charge for the up date. I talked to Jeff M about this and he told me that only certain people have this problem .They really noticed it with their sporting clays guns ,with all the different shooting angles and gun positions. Hope this helps. Jeff I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kolar both barrels fire
kolar trigger doubling

video for changing kolar triggers