1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

kolar?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hcopd, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

I see that kolar offers a lot of 2 barrel skeet gun combos, I wanted to know if they are all carrier barrels or if they offer a set like krieghoff does with a heavy barrel and a standard barrel or a standard barrel and a carrier barrel

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

On the ones I used to play with the "shooting" barrel was heavier and the "carrier" barrel was made so that with the sub gauge tubes in everything (weight, sight plane, length)matched the shooting barrel.

--- Chip King ---

3. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

I understand the carrier barrel would be lighter, I wanted to know if they made a 12 ga barrel that had the same weight as a standard barrel with tubes. Similar to krieghoffs heavy barrel with the extra barrel wall thickness so the weight would be the same a the standard barrel with tubes

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They can set up a 12ga barrel w/ side weights to replicate a std barrel w/ subgauge tubes, but they do not make a heavy barrel in the same manner as Krieghoffs Heavy barrel. The only logical reason I can see that they don't is the possibility that the design of their barrels would make it impossible to make a set of heavy barrels that are the correct weight (the kolar's barrels are alot closer together than the krieghoffs, and the monoblock design is different).

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I was looking at a Kolar on Saturday that the fellow had just received from Kolar. It is a skeet gun with the carrier barrel and 12 gauge barrel. The two barrels weight within 1 oz. of each other with any of the tube sets installed in the carrier barrel. The 12 gauge barrel is .735 bore diameter. I was told that this is how they configure all their carrier barrel set ups.

However, I might suggest that you call Kolar and talk to them if this does not meet your requirements. Bill Malcolm