1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?????KOLAR YEARLY SERVICE?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Not required, beyond periodically removing the trigger and stock and cleaning them yourself. The main thing is to drop the hammers and release the top lever when not in use. Bill Malcolm

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"YEARLY"

Not true. It's just the opposite.

A guy on my league (25 singles & 25 hdcp from the fence) team didn't have an annual done in 10 years. He was high gun many times, shooting 50 x 50 many weeks.

I'm sure there are guns that need annuals, but a regularly cleaned and lubricated Kolar isn't one of them. Bi-annual, maybe, pending number of rounds fired.

3. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

I was at the Grand shooting the breeze at Kolar and a well known senior vet came in to get a service done on his gun. He said he figured it was time and had 300,000 rounds through his gun. All they had to do was normal service, cleaning and replacing springs. It was done overnight.
    Pat Haskins

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

every 2-3 years, if something isn't quite right. The main thing I try to do is keep the mainsprings fresh, those can be ordered and installed yourself.

5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I'm in the every 3 year category. Beside that, as mentioned, drop the trigger and clean with solvent, spray with oil, blow with compressed air to get off excess, and put it back in.

The only problem I have had in 10 years of owning on is if the triggers get too, too, too dry. Then occasionally they would hang on the second shot of doubles. Spray with oil and they went back to working fine.

6. RAScott

RAScott Member

I went to the cardinal center this year and seen pete mcall asked for a yearly ,I told him I bought it about 1 year ago and had about 7,000 rounds he said not to worry . he would do it if I wanted to pay him ,but he said I would be waisting my money. He cleaned my trigger because he took it out and sent me on my way.I'll see him in a couple of years I guess.

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.