1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar vs. Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipdaddy, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Other then personnel choice, how do they compare, weight, rib height (T/A Max) ect. Depreciation? Thanks.

Bridger thanked this.
  2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Not a comparable product, # 1 , Trigger , Price , Lumber .
    Many other, I realize most are not able to shoot both.
    These guns can be so customized, difficult to shoot other peoples guns,
    I am left handed.Shooters have different needs, release trigger.
    Peronally , I think I need a removable trigger assembly.

Joe Woods / Ontario

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I would think that a Guerini would be somewhat more comparable to a Perrazzi than a Kolar. In general, Kolar trapguns are beefier and heavier than guns like Perrazzi, Kreighoff, Guerinin, Blazer, etc.

In terms of specific differences, there are too many to discuss here. For example, the Kolar unsingle can be fitted out with any of 3 different ribs as well as a very high rib and comb. And this is only the beginning. Look at the Kolar website to see all the options. Most can be retro-fitted if you desire to do so in the future. Also, Kolar service is simply the very best.

That being said, I like the Guerinin quite a bit and might like one for other shooting pursuits but I would prefer the Kolar for trap.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Caesar Guerini has the ability with their adjustable rib to shoot 115% high they are a lighter gun than the Kolar, both have factory release triggers and reliability is equal on both, factory service is equal on both.

The Kolar is more expensive, The caesar is not as expensive a combo for $6400 or less from dealers.

Caesar would be my choice, Kolar does not shoot high enough for me.

I love my Caesar Guerini going to see how I do at Steve's Fall Handicap in LasVegas this week.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I find the CG too light compared to my Kolar. Randy Ross was going to shoot a Kolar when I last spoke to him. His P gun shot 275% high, so I am sure a Kolar can be set up to do the same.

Shoot them both and buy the one that feels the best in your hands. Bill Malcolm

6. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

There is no comparison.

Caesar Guerini vs. Browning may be more accurate but I would choose Browning quality over CG

Guerini is a cheap product produced by Fabarm with fancy would on it and a premium price.

I know these are personal opinions but your asking for a comparison that is apples to oranges.

If your price range is in the Kolar range than 100% go with the Kolar. If your price range is in the CG range go with a Beretta or Browning.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My CG is twice the gun over that pos Browning cenergy that I owned for two weeks. "fancy would" ?

What problems have you had with your CG, Krusher?

8. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato Member

My intent is not to hijack the thread but I too am interested in how Kolar stacks up to the other "big boys". I have been dreaming about a K-80 for some time now, something that only got worse when I got to shoot one a couple weeks back. However, after readin about Kolar Arms I am really thinking that may be the route I want to go. However, I was wondering how Kolar stacks up to K and P guns in terms of reliability, shootability, and resale value. Just from what I have read, Kolar seems to be in a ifferent class than CG's but I would think that CG's fall somewhere between Brownings and P/K guns.

9. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

So some where between Browning and Beretta but with better service. Jerry

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

No comparison between the Guerini and the AMERICAN made Kolar.

And for those of you who say they don't shoot "high" enough, you'd better get someone to help you with your gun adjustments. They can be set up to shoot to 130% or more with the Max T/A barrels.

Kolars' factory service and turnaround time is unmatched by anyone on the planet. (That is IF you ever have a problem. Over 6 years as a Kolar owner and never a glitch)
    Good luck with your purchase.

Dave

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Comparing a Kolar and Caesar Guerini is just plain silly . (at best) A Caesar Guerini is a cheap knock-off made to sell for half the price .

You can,t beat Browning for the price and you can,t buy a top line Trap Combo for six grand .

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

BrowningPotato... The Kolar is a great trap gun. In my opinion, it stacks up very well with either the Pgun or the Kgun. It is extremely well made. Very high quality, and as has been mentioned, service, if required, is unbeatable by either of the other two. As for resale value, the Kolar just doesn't seem to hold its value like a Perazzi or Kreighoff does in the used gun market. Why? I don't have the answer for that. Why does a used Ljutic not hold its resale value? Fantastic gun, well made, reliable, etc. Trapshooters are a finicky bunch, to be sure. Me? I like the Kreighoff and the Kolar, but, in the end, I went with a Perazzi DB-81 Combo. Why? The earlier Perazzi Combos were hand fitted, made of the best materials, and were designed for one purpose, breaking trap targets. The Perazzi just feels more "alive" in my hands than any of the others. It's just a personal preference... All this being said, I think any of the higher end trap guns are a great value, for the money. Some seem to be overpriced, but, the market drives the prices, both new and used.. From what I have seen, the CG seems to be a fairly nice gun, FOR THE PRICE. I have never owned one so I can't give an opinion, one way or the other, on the performance and reliability of one... Just my observation.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Chip,

I agree with everyone above, the CG is more on line with a Browning or a Beretta...definately not a K- or P-gun. In fact, from what I have seen, I think Browning and Beretta might be ahead of the CG's as far as reliability goes. I don't know anyone that puts a lot of shells through their trap CGs, but I work somewhere that we have about 20 of their sporting clays guns...every one of them has been sent back for the stock cracking behind the reciever. Most have already been back for a 3rd stock! There have been mechanical issues, as well, a friend of mine just broke a cocking rod in his personal gun, probably around 30,000 rounds through it. That said, their customer service has been great for everyone that I have talked to. I think their trap combos feel great, but I hate their triggers, just too much wobble and play in them...

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The most break-downs on the line I have personaly witnessed, is by far the perazzi trigger.

At least 20 times in my short career as amature trapshooter has the line been stopped due to a P gun trigger...

Kolar is a very well built gun but I cannot get one to move to the target as quick as the CG.

I know of more than a few guys that traveled to Racine and had Kolar build them a custom gun-then have it up for sale a short time afterwards for a big time loss. Why is this? I do not know.

15. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato Member

I may have to go check out how they feel tomorrow at Jaquas. Just got done showing the wife the Kolars for sale on here, but apparently $14,000 is out of the question (women can be so rediculous sometimes) May need to find me a used one if they feel good, they are just so pretty.

16. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

That Justin L is full of it... haha I Love the Ceasar !!!! We just got one for my dad and I have it from a good source that Kolar's will even lower the averages on other guns next to them!!!hahaha

17. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Shannon391...... I find that absolutely amazing!!! I have been shooting for 20+ years, have almost 150,000 registered targets posted, have been to more shoots than I can remember, and have only witnessed 4 Perazzi breakdowns in all that time. Yes, all have been trigger related. Broken leaf spring in each case, one of which was mine. Funny thing about those Perazzi leaf springs. They are designed to break when they get old, rather than lose their tension like a coil spring will... I guess I'll have to pay closer attention to the shooters around me so I can see if there really is a trigger problem.... Strange that Jim Coons, the maker of the Precision trigger for Perazzi's is also making a Precision trigger for Kolars. What type spring do you suppose he uses in those triggers? Yeah, you're right.... a leaf spring... Dan Thome (Trap2)

18. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I like P guns the best for two reasons. The leaf spring triggers & the superb bbl,both in & out. I have only shot older ones but owned many. I will put my
    1 1/4# TM1 leaf trigger against any pull trigger out there. With the Wilkinson bbl,a real killer. I don't like the fat rib. The mid year taper ribs are really nice. I use a Wilkinson Belgian Lightning Trap for doubles. Yes,I have 2 MX-8's,just love the old Belgians.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Caesar Guerini's trapguns are beautiful guns and very appealing as priced. I don't think anyone can compare them to anything yet. Not enough time on them.

In my opinion Perazzi, Kolar, Kreighoff and Ljutic have stood the test of time. There are other great guns like Silver Seitz , Bowen, TS2000 and DeVault that are obvious winners based on their similarities to the late Tom Seitz's design.

As for trapline problems with Perazzi triggers, breakage of a P trigger is usually confined to the hammer springs. I've broken down, due to my trigger, three times in about 160,000 targets. Each time I replaced the spring in less than 5 minutes. Try to do that with your Guerini. Give me a field serviceable drop out trigger every time.

Good luck with the CG's and I hope they last forever.

20. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I have both, the only downside to the Kolar is some people just can't handle the weight. This is not a disparaging comment, just the way it is.

Even a .750 bore Kolar is too much, I'd say for most people, certainly if they've been shooting a Perazzi or similar in weight and how they move.

Not enough rounds on the CG to know, it moves like a Gold E to me, which is a little too quick. Just personal opinion and feel. One thing that really/really gripes me about the CG, is the black steel choke tubes. And for a steel tube, theirs are outrageously priced.

But these two guns shouldn't be comparable to start out with, Kolar ranks up there with the tried and true and it will take you to the top if you're capable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini vs browning

caesar guerini vs kolar

caesar guerini vs perazzi

caesar guerini vs perrazi
caesar guirini
kolar vs browning
ljutic knock off
reasons for not buying a ceasar guerine