1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar Value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AA, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AA

AA TS Member

Any idea's what I could get for my Kolar combo 34/30 w/case, and choke tubes serial number around 0600 range. Condition around 93 to 95 percent. Thanks for any help.

2. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I'd say 6000-6500 range. Alot of gun for the money IMHO.

3. AA

AA TS Member

With everyone wanting the high rib guns now, just didn't know how well the older one's would sale.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It seems the early serial numbered guns, do not bring as much as the later guns. I think it may have had to do with the triggers, from what I was told. I sold a 34"- 32" T/C about two years ago with upgraded wood for $6500. Was happy to get that. Serial number was 24XX.

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

AA, i SURE do not have a dog in the hunt but, i am thinking 5400.00-5800.00 if the stock or forearm has NO cracks.If the gun has BOTH pull & release hammers that helps in the price. I AM not down pricing your gun but, the older guns DO NOT bring as much money ALTHOUGH they are just as good as a Used NEW Style. These guns just last a Lifetime if properly maintained. JMO that's all. Joe joe90t

6. wcw2323

wcw2323 TS Member

What would the value be for a newer Kolar Combo, 34/30 with high rib. Made in 2001
    7 chokes. RAD Recoil, adj soft comb, tools, Kolar case, excellent cond.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

There are two main things that affect the price of the T/A combo trap guns ... .740 vs .750 bore and the adjustable ribs on the O/U barrels and top singles. The unsingles have always had adjustable ribs. The older O/U and top singles were fixed ribs. In the trap guns, the .750 bore sells about 99 to 1 now. The early guns were available only in .740 bore.

In the current economy, I see the older .740 bore fixed rib combos "selling" in the $5,500 to $6,000 range. Upgraded wood, etc. has a small effect on the price. The newer guns sell for significantly more.

JMHO. Bill Malcolm

8. wcw2323

wcw2323 TS Member

OK, lets assume the 2001 Kolar Combo has the .750 bore and high rib...approximate value?

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Adjustable rib on the single barrel and the O/U barrel ... T/A Max $8,000 to $8,500 would be a fast sale without any extras. I wouldn't sell mine for that (it isn't for sale at any price). 2001, I doubt would be the adjustable ribs on both barrels, as I think they started building the Max guns around 2007. It could be .750 bore. A new T/A Max trap combo is going to cost at least $13,000 and that would be a good discount. Bill Malcolm

10. red hammer

red hammer Member

What ever the first person offers you take it you will be way a head your 1st lost is your best lost .you can't hardly give a kolar away just try to sell it nobody will buy it unless you take at least half of what you gave for it Sorry to tell you the truth you ask is the only reason I answered please no back lash.

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Red Hammer has some valid points- after the first owner- the gun hasnt been fitted to you- you havent had any of the "experiences" of being called yes sir and no sire when you call to check on your new order- etc

Big receivered gun- with some durability issues in the past

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. Nutso

Nutso Member

Kolar guns don't seem to hold their values as well as Kreighoff or Perazzi guns. Currently the fad is the adjustable rib, which everyone seems to want, thus has depreciated the fixed rib gun market.

Time will tell if this is a fad or something here to stay.

Tim

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

AA,

Kolars are worth whatever you can get for them because selling them proves to almost always be a difficult task. I think they are fine guns and when it comes to service, Kolar is second to none.

The adjustable ribs are not a fad. It's an option that serious trap shooters look for, hence adding to the value. Your best option sometimes is to trade your gun with a dealer for another gun, but that may not be of interest to you.

Good luck.

Jon Reitz

14. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I have an early step ribbed trap combo. I love the gun and have had no problems with it. Rather than take a bath on a trade in for a new Max model, I'm having the low profile Max rib installed on the unsingle and add a rib to the O/U. I shoot more singles and league type stuff, so I'm content with going that route. A fellow named Mitch Lovless shoots his OLD Kolar quite well. I doubt he feels "out gunned" by anyone. Leo shoots the old fashion stuff low ribs too. These guns are not the plague.LOL.

dessivanov thanked this.
  15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I prefer the .740 bore ones, they perform better and no off sounding shells like the .750 bores.

.740 bore Bbls is the preferred bore diameter performance wise, as has been tested over time.

I do not want any bores over .745 in any shotgun, but that is me and my decision as I have owned .750 bore gun, but never again.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to tell what model kolar shotgun i have
ko2845 kolar serial numbers

kolar shotgun serial number range

kolar shotgun serial numbers

kolar shotguns serial numbers year
kolar skeet gun worth cost
older kolar shotguns any good