1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar value

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 500sks, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 500sks

500sks Member

Can someone steer me to someone that can give me some idea what a used Kolar is worth. The gun is a sporting model 32" with an extra carrier barrel and a tube set. No extra engraving and a silver receiver. I know that the value is condition related but I am looking at possibly buying a used gun but how do you determine a value?

2. mwmham

mwmham Member

If you look at the Paxton website used guns (today) you will see two sets similar to what you described. One is an older set serial number in the 700's and is listed for sale at $7200, the other gun (which is sold) was a more current gun with ramp ribs that was listed for $8900.

These are "dealer" prices of course.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The market is very soft for used Kolars - especially sporting clays models. Krieghoff, Perazzi, and the aggressively marketed Blasers are the current "hot" sporting clays guns.

It's a fine gun. If you can handle the weight of a 32" Kolar, offer $ 1,000 to $ 1,500 less than the seller is asking. You may be surprised.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

$7500 to $8k

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I know someone who was trying to trade in a trap combo and got offered 4200. It was a nice gun and price offered was by one of the big dealers. Bill

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Shoot it. If you just absolutely love it and feels like an extension of your body and mind then it's worth those higher end numbers to you. If not you'll be spending money on it to make it work for you and that's going the wrong way.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The individual fitting and being called sir- only go to the first owner who made a trip to Kolar

Subtract that and what do you have ?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Gene,

I beg to differ with you. I bought a used Kolar and have had it to the factory twice for 2 different "problems". The first was that the clamp on the front of the un-single rib was slipping and not holding the rib firmly. I shipped them the barrel and they installed a new part, no charge. I also requested that they stamp a "U" and "D" on it so I could tell the direction for up and down, which they also did, N/C.

The second problem was that my release trigger was "pulling through". They re-built the trigger, installed new roller pins and had it back to me within 4 days.

Their service is spectacular and it is the same for original owners as for used guns. The mystery to me is why their guns don't hold their vaue better.

9. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Like birdogs said, I don't understand why Kolars have so little value in the used market. Ljutics are the same....both are fine guns but the value drops like a fifty ton rock the day you bring it home. IMO, it's one of the best buys on the used market there is...... if it fits your preferences. I would would make a low offer and go from there.

10. kolar1000

kolar1000 TS Member

"Subtract that and what do you have?" I`ll tell you what you have- a gun that will last forever,that won`t kick you to death and that looks good too.

11. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Second kolar1000. Plus made In AMERICA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.