1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar tube set ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have Briley tubes in my gun now. I am putting a back up gun together and thinking of going with Kolars. I have heard that Kolar cuts the forcing cone in your barrel to fit their tube instead of cutting the tube like Briley does. Is this correct? I know both are fine products just trying to decide which route to take.

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Check on service should you ever need it;Briley is tops.

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Yup, Kolar insists on long forcing cones in your gun. They have turned many chrome plated bores into non chrome plated cones that rust. I prefer Briley for that reason.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

riflegunbuilder,

If you are considering a new Briley set, I can save you some $$$$ under MSRP. I am a Dealer of Briley. Sorry I can't help you with Kolars.

Matt Woodson

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

From my experiance Kolar makes NO changes to your barrel.

Ronbo

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

From kolar's website: All 3 ga. sets include long forcing cones in 12 ga.

If chrome is so important on the interior of a shotgun barrel, please explain why so few companies, none of them high end, perform this on their guns. Kolar, Krieghoff, Perazzi, Seitz, Bowen, Alfermann, Cole, Devault, and Fabbri all DO NOT chrome line their bores. Beretta also doesn't chrome line their high end SO guns either.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Both Kolar and Briley are quality-

Now they do go back and forth on how good or bad their customer service might be at any given time but both are generally very good.

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Ian, I'm not making an opinionated statement about chrome bores. I'm just telling it like it is. Kolar grinds out the cones on all guns that aren't ground out already. Actually, I do dislike chrome bores, but a lot of shooters use Beretta shotguns. Berettas should probably be tubed at Briley.

9. k3uro

k3uro Member

Chromed lined barrels do not rust. No other reason that I know of.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kolar tu8be sets

kolar tube sets for sale