1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Kolar TS Trap pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I'm toying with the idea of buying one. would like to get some input from people that own one or have owned one. likes and dislikes. i haven't had a chance to see one, but was checking their website ( Kolar) and thought it looked good. Thanks, Dale

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would look for a used one.

3. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

I have had a TS since 2007 and I really like it. It is a bit heavy but it was the only shotgun I have had that felt natural and comfortable bring it to my shoulder and shooting it. Like the adjustable comb & rib. Got both of them set where I want them so as I said before gun is great to shoot. Plus Kolar service is excellent, but then I might be prejudice sine I live about 15 minutes from their store/factory.

Ed Fish
    Racine, WI

4. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Thanks Ed, Do they have a dropout trigger? Dale

5. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Dale,
    I have a nice one for sale on here. It is a great buy for a great gun. I am selling for reasons other than the gun itself. Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

6. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Take a look @ Nitro's T/S. Looks like a good deal! Yes the trigger does drop out. My experiance with Kolar's service has been excellent! Good luck, Brad

7. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Jerry, were are you located? Thanks, Dale

8. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

dale58, if you come to the Ohio State Shoot next week you will have a chance to win a Kolar on our Sunday's Kolar State Handicap Championship, June 24. The details are in the OSTA state shoot program.

Kolar also has a vendor building at the Cardinal Center and I'm sure have guns to test shoot, they were at the Buckeye shoot the first week of June, and will also be at the Cardinal shoot in August if you can't make the state shoot next week.

Brad Dysinger

9. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

DAle,
    I am near Dayton Ohio. Thanks.

Jerry

10. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Dale, I have had (2) T/s's and they are GREAT GUNS.!!!!!!!!!!!!! joe90t

11. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Interesting topic, It does not have a drop out trigger, it has a removable trigger. It has an excellent trigger, pull or release. I am left handed.
    Never thought I would own a gun that fits like a Kolar.
    Factory release interested me.
    Kolar will be at Ohio state. Better check it out.
    See you on the back fence.
    Give Jeff Mainland a call, Tell him I sent you.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I've shot one now going on 2 years with absolutely zero problems. Unless you are of less than average stature, go with the .740 bore over the .750. The latter tends to be muzzle light and very fast to the target, especially if you have an adjustable pad installed. My gun is a .740 bore with an adjustable pad, and I had to add a Graco under barrel weight because I was blowing through targets because the gun was so muzzle light.

All that having been said, it is a great gun, built like a tank, very responsive, and the people at Kolar are simply the best.

13. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Dale58

If you do decide to buy the TS from Nitro 100 you don't have to worry about dealing with him. I have had a couple of dealings with Jerry and can say without reservation that he is a man of his word.

Brian (Robbie and Jake's Dad)

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have heard negative comments about the weight of the Kolar. I have had mine since Vandalia and have never found it heavy. I am a senior vet and am 5'9" and never weighed as much as 170 lbs and have never found it to be too heavy. It is solid and well balanced. Kolar should write a book about customer service for other companies to follow. Graet gun, great paople, great service - and it is American made.

15. Ljutic50

Ljutic50 TS Member

I recently purchased a used Kolar Max T/A unsingle. It came without a manual and I wanted to lock out the safety, barrel selector, and switch it from eject to extract. One call to Kolar answered all of my questions. I spoke with Keith( Kolar gunsmith), who talked me through all of the procedures. A few days later I received a manual, extra set screws, lockout pin, and an .050 Allen wrench. All were sent free of charge without me asking for anything. Not only is this a great gun, but the customer service is second to none!

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Excellant gun, excellant service. My only complaint is the
    gun is on the heavy side.

17. bas

bas Member

Kolar's are great guns and as stated by just about everyone above, their service and their people are THE best. Keith is not just a "gunsmith", he is a VP and their Chief Engineer. The entire Kolar staff, from the top on down is there to serve you. And, I have a Kolar T/S with the .750 bore and I love it. I had one of the original unsingle combos prior to going to the T/S. I do agree, the .750 is very fast to the target.

18. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Get one and you'll never look back, or even side to side. It's kinda of a bummer because then you can't lust at any other guns in the rack.. If you get it fitted to you... forget about it! You will live happily ever after!

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

As BAS and all the others have stated Kolars' customer service is THE BEST on this planet. Many other companies could sure take a lesson from these guys on customer service and not just gun manufacturers.

I've had 3 standard combos and would rather not shoot if I had to shoot something other than a Kolar. (well maybe a P gun if I was in severe withdrawl) KOLAR....American made....never look back.

Good luck.

20. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

They have not long hit the market here in Aus and look like a good product.

Only thing I have noticed is the resale value is poor compared to other $12,000 guns.

Great looking design though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.